2013 rear differential???

zapp109

Established Member
Im building a rear for my 93 Fox and wanting a good diff that will hold big power... anyone know anything about the new gt500 rears?? What differential? would if fit a 93 8.8??

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
I have a Torsen T2-R in my '03, great unit, the Shelby just has a T2. As far as I know, an 8.8 is an 8.8, just the difference in how the axles hook in for IRS or SRA.

OnesmokinSS

Established Member
I have a T2R in my fox and love it. T2R is great for my everyday driving and road course/autocross events. I think if you are planning on going to the drag strip quite a bit and using slicks it might not be the best differential for that application.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Can anyone explain the major difference between the Torsen rear diff in the SVTPP cars versus the standard diff in the non-PP cars? I ordered the non-SVTPP car because I hate the "upgraded" wheels (which are forged just like the base wheels are) and figured I would be better off with an aftermarket suspension anyway (if I had a problem with the stock set-up.) I'm not ever planning to drive the car on the track, just maybe hit the strip 2-3 times over the course of my ownership. However, if there is a major quality difference by upgrading to the Torsen, I might as well add the SVTPP to my order and get the adjustable Bilsteins on top of it. Wheels can always be changed out.

Any input here from those in-the-know would be greatly appreciated......

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Can anyone explain the major difference between the Torsen rear diff in the SVTPP cars versus the standard diff in the non-PP cars? I ordered the non-SVTPP car because I hate the "upgraded" wheels (which are forged just like the base wheels are) and figured I would be better off with an aftermarket suspension anyway (if I had a problem with the stock set-up.) I'm not ever planning to drive the car on the track, just maybe hit the strip 2-3 times over the course of my ownership. However, if there is a major quality difference by upgrading to the Torsen, I might as well add the SVTPP to my order and get the adjustable Bilsteins on top of it. Wheels can always be changed out.

Any input here from those in-the-know would be greatly appreciated......

I meant for this post to go in the 2013 category, sorry. However, if anyone knows, please chime in. Thanks.

zapp109

Established Member
^^id like to know this aswell

I have a T2R in my fox and love it. T2R is great for my everyday driving and road course/autocross events. I think if you are planning on going to the drag strip quite a bit and using slicks it might not be the best differential for that application.

This is going to be in a 900-1000 HP turbo car. Its a street car though, Im building it to enjoy it. 95% street .. 5% drag... Figured id see what these can hold, since theres already videos of the 13' GT500 going 9's with this rear and they have more weight... Gotta work for a 3200lb fox right?

Looked into these a bit and should i expect to pay 700 doallars for the t2r???

Users who are viewing this thread