2013 PW Boss 302

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
I also thought the boss was more than I wanted to spend until I drove one; then I immediately knew I had to have it. I picked up my '13 race red for 41.5 on Friday... I think you could find a better deal than what you're looking at.

Buying a car like this is an emotional purchase, though. If its the car you want and you are alright with the price then go for it.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
UPDATE:
The purchase date has been pushed to 29MAY. I drove to Ohio this weekend from 24MAY-26MAY to buy my ex wife a better car for our daughter to travel in. Now that I'm back in Virginia I set my purchase date on my birthday.

Problem is another Boss appeared on the market
Cars for Sale: 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 in Vienna, VA 22182: Coupe Details - 347084280 - AutoTrader.com

I stopped by the dealership on my way home last night and was only able to look at it through the glass window as the place was closed. On my birthday I'll give it a quick test drive, talk numbers, and make a decision from there. Thanks for the info

I've got the PW. Love it more and more everyday.

There are a few used 2012's in the DFW area going for 39-40K with more miles.

I'd say if you can't get it for any less than the 39K; go for it. If you try to find another 13 for 2K less, so what? Because who knows when and where and if, could buy it for a lower price????

Now the dealer would rather have a retail deal and not auction. There are expenses for auction etc. You might have some room tonight to negotiate a little more; just work them.

Tell them you're coming by and see what happens.

What was your last offer before they came down to 39?

ps I was in the car business for many years in management. I know how this works.

The car is so clean it just would seem wrong to pass it up. The salesman just informed me that it has the floor mats as well. He is going to text me the # of the boss today. Hopefully its from a member here. Thanks for your insight, the car was originally priced at $41,990 before being dropped to 39 flat

Not to steal your thread here, but I have a 13 PW Boss with Recaros (no cover) with 3200 miles on it that I've been thinking of trading in/selling for a 13 GT500. I'm in NoVa as well. PM me if you are still looking for a PW Boss. All stock for now, but I have a Steeda Intake that is still in the box.

Good luck with your search!
I'd take your offer but I have a wrangler to trade in

I also thought the boss was more than I wanted to spend until I drove one; then I immediately knew I had to have it. I picked up my '13 race red for 41.5 on Friday... I think you could find a better deal than what you're looking at.

Buying a car like this is an emotional purchase, though. If its the car you want and you are alright with the price then go for it.
Congrats on your purchase :beer: hopefully I'll be part of he Boss community soon

Last edited:

poof100

Established Member
Problem is another Boss appeared on the market
Cars for Sale: 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 in Vienna, VA 22182: Coupe Details - 347084280 - AutoTrader.com

I stopped by the dealership on my way home last night and was only able to look at it through the glass window as the place was closed. On my birthday I'll give it a quick test drive, talk numbers, and make a decision from there. Thanks for the info

The car is so clean it just would seem wrong to pass it up. The salesman just informed me that it has the floor mats as well. He is going to text me the # of the boss today. Hopefully its from a member here. Thanks for your insight, the car was originally priced at $41,990 before being dropped to 39 flat

I'd take your offer but I have a wrangler to trade in

No problem, understand, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Regarding the latest CO 12 that is at Tysons Ford, is the Previous PW Boss a 13 or a 12? If the PW boss with 8xxx miles on it is a 13, to me it's a no brainer. Less Miles and IMHO a better looking car. You get Sync with the 13, better HID lights/LED bars and Rear LEDs. To each their own, but those few small additions make the 13 Boss more attractive than the 12 if you are comparing the 2 cars.

Good luck and have fun with the purchase!

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member

Regarding the latest CO 12 that is at Tysons Ford, is the Previous PW Boss a 13 or a 12? If the PW boss with 8xxx miles on it is a 13, to me it's a no brainer. Less Miles and IMHO a better looking car. You get Sync with the 13, better HID lights/LED bars and Rear LEDs. To each their own, but those few small additions make the 13 Boss more attractive than the 12 if you are comparing the 2 cars.

PW Boss is a 2013 w/recaro, torsen diff, car cover and floor mats. As of yesterday, the dealership will not budge below $39,000 so I told them to throw in a track key for free and it's a deal.

Since I made that deal, I saw the 2012 Boss online last night. It's actually race red. I too thought it was CO until I got a closer look in person.

BTW where in NOVA are you? Since being stationed here in July 2010 Ive only seen 1 Boss 302 on the streets. It was a 2012 yellow blaze in Woodbridge.

Last edited:

cbj5259

Established Member

...and no skip shift either.

Sent from my sharona

KBBoss302

Established Member
$39k for a '13 Boss might be a good deal but it really depends on if they are giving you a good trade-in price for your Jeep.

As for a '12 vs a '13, I have owned both (Kona Blue '12 and a black '13 LS). Pros and cons to both - I prefer the '12 styling but I also like the HIDs on the '13. Get the one that you want.

And by the way, there are a ton of Bosses on ebay, some not too far away from you at dealerships so you can try a trade in with them. Good luck! No matter what Boss you buy, you will love it.

Grant808

Established Member
Like gear lock outs?

No, the '12s have the 1-4 skip shift that engages under certain low speed conditions when not using the Red/TracKey. They eliminated that BS on the '13s.

Have you considered any of the Bosses on this board? There's a '12 PW just dropped to $35k.

Last edited:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
No, the '12s have the 1-4 skip shift that engages under certain low speed conditions when not using the Red/TracKey. They eliminated that BS on the '13s.

Have you considered any of the Bosses on this board? There's a '12 PW just dropped to $35k.

Okay I see what you're saying. I look at the market section all the time but I still owe on my jeep. The dealerships around here are taking it for what I still owe or close to it.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Had my friend take a look at the RR 2012 Boss while I'm here at work. They told him the price is $36,400 with 16,5xx miles. Comes with recaro seats, track key and floor mats. But it sounds like a no go. Curb rash on the left rims, scratch along the left side, paint chip on the rear bumper, and close to bald stock tires.

poof100

Established Member
PW Boss is a 2013 w/recaro, torsen diff, car cover and floor mats. As of yesterday, the dealership will not budge below $39,000 so I told them to throw in a track key for free and it's a deal.

Since I made that deal, I saw the 2012 Boss online last night. It's actually race red. I too thought it was CO until I got a closer look in person.

BTW where in NOVA are you? Since being stationed here in July 2010 Ive only seen 1 Boss 302 on the streets. It was a 2012 yellow blaze in Woodbridge.

Well if that is the case and It were me, I'd take that deal on the PW 13 Boss, especially if they throw in the Track Key.

I didn't look close enough on that 12 Boss, but the Race Red is more rare then. I saw your other post about some damage though, not good.

I'm in the Gainesville/Haymarket area. I don't drive the car that much during the cold winter months and I've only had it since mid November. I see an occasional CO 12 Boss around, but that's it.

Keep us posted on how your deal works out. BTW, I also debated on Colors when I got my Boss. My dealership had every color to choose from, including Lagunas etc. It came down to the Grabber Blue or Perf White. I think the PW looks really strong with the black stripes and black rims or any black rim for that matter. The White just looks really good on the 13/14 Mustangs for some reason.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Bought the 2013 PE Boss an hour ago! Will update with pics in the morning since it 10PM here. Had the biggest smile on my drive home.

Boss949

Established Member
Great news.

You mean PW?

I drove mine home from Orlando to Fort Worth. I was smiling the whole trip.

I'm still smiling. PW, is a great color.

Users who are viewing this thread