2013 PW Boss 302

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
As some of you know I've been on the hunt for a Mustang again.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...dvice-narrowing-down-options-new-mustang.html

Originally, I was not even paying attention to Boss' because I knew they were above my budget. That is, until I test drove one. The 2011 GT500, Saleen extreme and all the other mustangs I was considering just left my mind! Wow these cars are a blast to drive :rockon:pW/black accents flow well and the seats are pure sex! The low end torque was lacking but I guess it makes up for it in high RPM's.

The Boss I test drove is PW with all the options from what I understand. Recaro seats, torsen diff and car cover. It has 8,2xx miles and priced at $39,990. Does this seem like a deal? The car was set to be at an auction but was pulled from it because I called to drive it. I was able to lower the price to $39,000 last night (1100 PM) but had to leave it at that because I work early today. It will be going back to auction on Monday 27MAY13 if I dont buy it tonight after work.

Last edited:

cbj5259

Established Member
For 3 grand more (maybe less) you could own a new one. 39k seems a little steep for an 8000 mile car when brand spanking new ones can be had for 42k. As the inventory starts to dry up, I suppose the used car prices will stay high. I guess it depends on what area you are in.

Sent from my sharona

Last edited:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
For 3 grand more (maybe less) you could own a new one. 39k seems a little steep for an 8000 mile car when brand spanking new ones can be had for 42k. As the inventory starts to dry up, I suppose the used car prices will stay high. I guess it depends on what area you are in.

Sent from my sharona
I know what youre saying. There are about 5 other 2013 Boss' in the area brand spankin new for 43-45k. BUT, my budget was at 35k with the one exception of this Boss.

i'd love to think my car is still worth 39k.
sell it to me :-D

forcefedcobra

Established Member
all options I got mine for under invoice. another dealer had a 12 with all options and 6k miles and was wanting 39 for it with cpo warranty. I say go for it! You will not regret it!

Boss949

Established Member
I've got the PW. Love it more and more everyday.

There are a few used 2012's in the DFW area going for 39-40K with more miles.

I'd say if you can't get it for any less than the 39K; go for it. If you try to find another 13 for 2K less, so what? Because who knows when and where and if, could buy it for a lower price????

Now the dealer would rather have a retail deal and not auction. There are expenses for auction etc. You might have some room tonight to negotiate a little more; just work them.

Tell them you're coming by and see what happens.

What was your last offer before they came down to 39?

ps I was in the car business for many years in management. I know how this works.

Grant808

Established Member
There was a '12 around here that sold from a Dodge dealer for $36,000. I think it had about 8,000 miles on it. Seems like a lot of them sell in the $37k range for private sales.

Vista6019

Established Member
I think that $39,000 is up money for an 8,000 mile car...but if you love it then go for it. PW is a nice combination. However it makes sense that for a few more bucks you could get a new one and knowing that you are the original owner might make you sleep a little better. Plus Ford would send you to the Boss Track Attack school and they pick up the tab...(except air and hotel)!

poof100

Established Member
I know what youre saying. There are about 5 other 2013 Boss' in the area brand spankin new for 43-45k. BUT, my budget was at 35k with the one exception of this Boss.

sell it to me :-D

Not to steal your thread here, but I have a 13 PW Boss with Recaros (no cover) with 3200 miles on it that I've been thinking of trading in/selling for a 13 GT500. I'm in NoVa as well. PM me if you are still looking for a PW Boss. All stock for now, but I have a Steeda Intake that is still in the box.

Good luck with your search!

Users who are viewing this thread