2013 Panhard Bar Bracket Cover Question

Snoopy49

Established Member
When I replaced the panhard bar in my car, the factory service instructions said to remove a plastic cover on the backside of the drivers side panhard bar bracket. There was no cover on my car. If you have a 2013-14 can you take a look and see if there is one on your car?

Using 2 screwdrivers inserted through the access hole, depress the tabs of the panhard rod bolt cover retaining clip and remove the cover.

Panhard Bar Bracket Cover.jpg

Bad Company

Established Member
My car is a 13 built in May of 2012. It never had the cover of which you're asking about Snoopy

Snoopy49

Established Member
I was just looking at the 2011 Service manual and it has the same exact instructions. Maybe the 2012 and earlier have the cover and some service manual writer just decided to save some time by copy and pasting the old info.
Thanks Kurt and Chris for responding.

This is from a 2006 Mustang GT convertible.

jm-panhard-rod-0509-install-04.jpg

Last edited:

NJredfire03

Established Member
Snoop? Where did you get the service manual? You're always quoting from it. And it sounds like it has EVERYTHING.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The cover was eliminated sometime in '08. The manuals carried it over for whatever reason. My guess is because the bar and bracketry remained untouched throughout GT500 production.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
When I replaced the panhard bar in my car, the factory service instructions said to remove a plastic cover on the backside of the drivers side panhard bar bracket. There was no cover on my car. If you have a 2013-14 can you take a look and see if there is one on your car?

Just replaced my panhard bar last week. No plastic cover on my '13.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Snoop? Where did you get the service manual? You're always quoting from it. And it sounds like it has EVERYTHING.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is where I got mine.
Helm - Ford Service Manuals

You can also try eBay. Most of the ones on eBay are date limited and won't work after a certain date. If that is the case, the seller should be able to supply you with instructions that will allow it to work after the drop dead date.

Snoopy49

Established Member
The cover was eliminated sometime in '08. The manuals carried it over for whatever reason. My guess is because the bar and bracketry remained untouched throughout GT500 production.

Tob,
I guess that answers my question. Lazy tech writers. That would explain why it doesn't show up on any parts list. If they stopped using it after 2008, they probably stopped offering a replacement shortly after that.

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
Tob,
I guess that answers my question. Lazy tech writers. That would explain why it doesn't show up on any parts list. If they stopped using it after 2008, they probably stopped offering a replacement shortly after that.

I have access to all cars manuals.. you would be surprised about how many inaccuracies there are in them.. it is frustrating sometimes..

Users who are viewing this thread