2013 NHL off season thread.

ff500

Established Member
I'll start it off. Should the Bruins give Rask the money his agent thinks he deserves. 6 to 7 million per season. I say no. Also Ference and Jagr not coming back. I like Krug to take Ferences's place and hopefully Hamilton is ready.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Rask getting such a huge deal makes me nervous. Look at Luongo and Bryzgalov.

Ference and Jagr just don't fit anymore. Bartkowski and Krug are better options than Ference now and Soderberg could easily fill Jagr's spot.

Pandolfo gone is no big deal. I'd like to see Peverley or Kelly go too. Seguin needs to grow a set and play NHL hockey, not European style. Bruins just lost an AHL guy to Finland for next season. Horton wants to come back and the Bruins want him, but money may not work out.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Rask getting such a huge deal makes me nervous. Look at Luongo and Bryzgalov.

Ference and Jagr just don't fit anymore. Bartkowski and Krug are better options than Ference now and Soderberg could easily fill Jagr's spot.

Pandolfo gone is no big deal. I'd like to see Peverley or Kelly go too. Seguin needs to grow a set and play NHL hockey, not European style. Bruins just lost an AHL guy to Finland for next season. Horton wants to come back and the Bruins want him, but money may not work out.

they stated today that Ference and Jagr are gone. i too would like to see them move Kelly and Peverly, and if they want to sign Horton back (they absolutely should) they may have to move them.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I'm looking forward to seeing Krug and Bartkowski back there. The D needs some real skaters that can do more than a D to D pass behind the net and then chip it up the boards. They needs guys that can skate in traffic/trouble and keep the opponent guessing.

Seguin needs a bounce back season, 35+ goals with as many assists or more. His contract sucks to try and trade on a guy who isn't a goal scoring threat, doesn't hit and avoids contact regularly. Maybe instead of that tattoo sleeve he should have spent the money on a trainer to help him bulk up. I don't want him fighting all the time, but at least win 1 on 1 puck battles and stop shying away from footraces that will result in you being hit.

tbi0904

Established Member
Word on the strasse is Stalberg's gone and Bolland is being shopped. Blackhawks priorities are resigning Bickell and Leddy. They don't have a ton of cap room but if Bolland gets traded they should be good. Emery and Handzus want to come back but I'd be surprised if they do.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member

mysterio

Established Member
Holy crap! :eek:
I had no idea Bryzgalov was that expensive.
Nine year, 51 million dollar deal!?

How did he ever get to that price?

There was madness going around the league for a while, with stupid money being tossed around. It didn't necessarily start with Luongo's deal, but that one certainly escalated things quickly, and started a very bad precedent.

These compliance buy-outs remind me of waking up the next day with buyer's remorse, after drunken binge spending the night before.

....not that I've ever done that, of course. :-D

edit: ff500, love that avatar. :beer:

Last edited:

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Tuukka is going to get paid but until he proves he's a big game goalie, unlike his game 6 choke, I don't consider him an elite goalie.

I'd like to see Horton back, he's proved he's more of a playoff performer than a regular season performer.

I can live with Kelly but not Peverly. Please be gone by next season.

Ference is replaceable with the young Dmen they have in Hamilton, Bartkowski and Krug so no big loss there.

I don't think the B's have much cap room once Tuukka gets his contract and with Seguin getting a huge raise so I don't expect any big free agent signings but how good would Kris Letang look in a Bruins uniform? :rolling:

qualls22

Established Member
So Seguin is on the trade block and Horton isn't coming back?! Gotta make room to keep Rask and Bergeron, but I hear my CBJ is interested in Seguin which I'd take him but we will give up one of our first rounders for him which I'm fine with that. Then again they said a lot of teams is interested in him so we shall see what happens! It's gonna be a interesting day tomorrow to say the least!

ff500

Established Member
For some reason Seguin never seemed to get better. He skates through plays and doesn't really get involved. He'll probably get better but if the B's trade him I'd be okay with that. B's have a few good goalies in the minors, lets take a chance with them.

mysterio

Established Member

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
What the hell is Vancouver doing???
Trading Cory Schneider for a 9th round draft pick from New Jersey!?
Does this mean they are keeping Luongo?

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Bruins 1st pick, 60th overall is right up their alley. Defenseman who in 31 games had 0 goals and 1 assist in whatever league he played in. :sleeping:

Users who are viewing this thread