2013 mustang Hid headlight lens question

ZincYellowGT281

Established Member
Hello svtp,

I have a set of 2013 mustang headlight lens. The issue I'm having is the fact that the headlight lens are busted. I was wondering if the lens are identical to the 2011 on my mustang? I was hoping to swap them over if possible. I am aware that I need to get a harness adapter to make them work so I will also look into that.

Thank you!

Zemedici

Established Member
Hello svtp,

I have a set of 2013 mustang headlight lens. The issue I'm having is the fact that the headlight lens are busted. I was wondering if the lens are identical to the 2011 on my mustang? I was hoping to swap them over if possible. I am aware that I need to get a harness adapter to make them work so I will also look into that.

Thank you!

I'm showing the same P/N's from Jan of 2009 and on for Halogens. So I believe they will work.

HID's I'm showing a change in 2012, so I wouldnt suggest those.

Are they HIDs?

Zemedici

Established Member
Yes, the headlights for the 2013 are factory hid's. But my car did not come equip with them.

ah I'm sorry I misunderstood the title. :beer:

I dont believe they are the same, according to my EPC (Parts catalog) They are different part numbers, although it could be different due to housing differences/etc, but I would not tell a customer they are interchangeable if one asked me at the counter.

However, have you measured them to compare size?

KonaFifty

Established Member
the headlights are the same size...i would say the lenses should be swappable...it is a bitch to take the lenses off though. how is it busted? cracked? or deep scratches? if scratched you can probably try wet sanding them first...

ZincYellowGT281

Established Member
ah I'm sorry I misunderstood the title. :beer:

I dont believe they are the same, according to my EPC (Parts catalog) They are different part numbers, although it could be different due to housing differences/etc, but I would not tell a customer they are interchangeable if one asked me at the counter.

However, have you measured them to compare size?

No worries man! They appear to be the same size, no I haven't measured yet. Since I thought I saw 2013 headlights into a 2011 car I thought it would fit. Do you happen to sell the lens by themselves? With out the housing.

the headlights are the same size...i would say the lenses should be swappable...it is a bitch to take the lenses off though. how is it busted? cracked? or deep scratches? if scratched you can probably try wet sanding them first...

There are pieces missing from the lens so repairing is out of the question. I'll try and get pics later. I am aware about them being a pain in the ass, just hoping I can salvage them.

Zemedici

Established Member
No worries man! They appear to be the same size, no I haven't measured yet. Since I thought I saw 2013 headlights into a 2011 car I thought it would fit. Do you happen to sell the lens by themselves? With out the housing.

There are pieces missing from the lens so repairing is out of the question. I'll try and get pics later. I am aware about them being a pain in the ass, just hoping I can salvage them.

Nah they only come from ford as a sealed unit, however you can pop them in the oven for 20 minutes or so to loosen up the adhesive and then pry them apart. No biggie

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread