2013 mustang GT vs 2008 ls3 corvette

blackvette101

Established Member
All I've bolted on is exhaust, I haven't even done an intake yet or anything else. lol
The car should be good for an 11.5 as it sits Right now with a 1.6-60ft, next I plan to ad a vararam intake and maybe ported throttle body. Haha

Thanks, I get a lot of compliments on how it sounds for having a stock z06 muffler

vararam is shit. Great design but poor execution they fall apart after a couple years. Get yourself a halltech with a fast 102 or at least a ported stock manifold you may be able to reach out to 125 mph. ALL gen 4 LS's without a sheetmetal intake are manifold restricted.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
vararam is shit. Great design but poor execution they fall apart after a couple years. Get yourself a halltech with a fast 102 or at least a ported stock manifold you may be able to reach out to 125 mph. ALL gen 4 LS's without a sheetmetal intake are manifold restricted.

Yeah that's what I've been told. They perform great but no the best. I'll have to decide eventually what to get. I know my car has an 11.5 in it as it sits with a 1.6 60ft just didn't get the launch down yet.

Last edited:

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Definitely NO cam in my car

My bad man. Car runs stong as hell with that trap. Congrats and nice shifting for sure. Narrow body LS3 vettes are very fast with little mods. Make me want another vette. But I told myself I wouldnt unless I could put a C7 next to my 5.0. No more C6's for me. But very cool man.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
My bad man. Car runs stong as hell with that trap. Congrats and nice shifting for sure. Narrow body LS3 vettes are very fast with little mods. Make me want another vette. But I told myself I wouldnt unless I could put a C7 next to my 5.0. No more C6's for me. But very cool man.

I blame my trap speed on the cold weather here. It was 55 degrees out when I made the 11.7 at 122 pass. Yeah they are a bit lighter then the GS vettes so it helps. Thanks

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I blame my trap speed on the cold weather here. It was 55 degrees out when I made the 11.7 at 122 pass. Yeah they are a bit lighter then the GS vettes so it helps. Thanks

Yep, I had a new best mph as well. Weather and DA of 300ft was our friend that day.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
All I've bolted on is exhaust, I haven't even done an intake yet or anything else. lol
The car should be good for an 11.5 as it sits Right now with a 1.6-60ft, next I plan to ad a vararam intake and maybe ported throttle body. Haha

Thanks, I get a lot of compliments on how it sounds for having a stock z06 muffler

Yeah its all in the 60ft. I had a 1.83 on my 7.70 time run on 17" Toyo Drag radials. After i whipple im going to switch over to some M&H or Mickey Thompson drag radials. I almost bought a C6 instead of my Terminator but the Terminator had been my dream car for so long i just couldn't make the switch.

Mikegee1028

Established Member
Yep, I had a new best mph as well. Weather and DA of 300ft was our friend that day.

Yeah despite my launch needing work I don't see how bad it could've affected my mph trap it really still has me wondering I'm going back this week with a different tune to see how that plays out

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Yeah despite my launch needing work I don't see how bad it could've affected my mph trap it really still has me wondering I'm going back this week with a different tune to see how that plays out

What rpm are you shifting at, and what was your best pass of the day?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
That was pretty much my only pass. I was shifting right at red line 7k I passed the 1/4 at about 6700 on 4th gear

Were you running the AED tune, and I thought that he bumps the limiters to 7400+/- in his tunes. I also assume that you had the TC and Advance Trac off?

I would love to run through in 4th, but with 27" tires and 3.73's, I am shifting into 5th at the 1000' mark.

Mikegee1028

Established Member
Were you running the AED tune, and I thought that he bumps the limiters to 7400+/- in his tunes. I also assume that you had the TC and Advance Trac off?

I would love to run through in 4th, but with 27" tires and 3.73's, I am shifting into 5th at the 1000' mark.

Actually haven't asked him and that was one crucial mistake I made I noticed I left TC on after the pass. I'd have to ask Shaun about that red line I thought that was for the boss manifold?

Next time I'm passing on his drag race tune that automatically turns off everything I wonder how bad advance track and TC hurt my time.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Actually haven't asked him and that was one crucial mistake I made I noticed I left TC on after the pass. I'd have to ask Shaun about that red line I thought that was for the boss manifold?

Next time I'm passing on his drag race tune that automatically turns off everything I wonder how bad advance track and TC hurt my time.

I would say that both made a significant difference in your run. You should notice a big difference by turning them off. In stock trim on the same night a couple of years ago, I went from 107 to 109mph by turning them off. With your mod list, I would say that you would probably gain 3-4mph.

I also think that shifting a little higher with his tune would prove beneficial as well.

Mikegee1028

Established Member
I would say that both made a significant difference in your run. You should notice a big difference by turning them off. In stock trim on the same night a couple of years ago, I went from 107 to 109mph by turning them off. With your mod list, I would say that you would probably gain 3-4mph.

I also think that shifting a little higher with his tune would prove beneficial as well.

I shot him an email about the rpm limit, will you be out there my friend and I might possibly be going out I'll be on a set of bmr control arms this time.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
I shot him an email about the rpm limit, will you be out there my friend and I might possibly be going out I'll be on a set of bmr control arms this time.

Did you mention your 60ft and what gears you have? LCA will make a big difference.

I ran 12.05 @ 115mph with drag radials, full exhaust, tune, LCA with brackets, cai with a 1.7 60ft. 410 rwhp on an 11 m6 3.73 5.0. Would have gotten a better time but had a 2nd gear lockout at WOT shortly after the pass and sold it because of it.

Last edited:

Mikegee1028

Established Member
Did you mention your 60ft and what gears you have? LCA will make a big difference.

I ran 12.05 with drag radials, full exhaust, tune, LCA with brackets, cai with a 1.7 60ft. 410 rwhp on an 11 m6 3.73 5.0. Would have gotten a better time but had a 2nd gear lockout at WOT.

Yeah my launch was a fail I bogged since it was my first launch on a DR 2.0 60

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

Thursday night, probably not. There might be a possibility on Sunday but don't have tires and don't feel as if I can top last weekend on the INVO's.

Users who are viewing this thread