2013 Mustang GT Clutch Replacement

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Hey guys,

Hoping you can help me out. My dad needs to replace his clutch in his Mustang and wants something lighter than the stock feel. He has some leg/hip issues so he wants something a little easier on his leg. Can anyone recommend a clutch that may fit the bill?

15PSI

Established Member
I just installed an RXT and the pedal feel is noticeably lighter than the OEM pedal was in my 2012.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
While the RXT and even the RST have very nice pedals, those are way over kill for a stock car that does mainly highway driving. If he's not beating the shit out of the car, I would recommend the McLeod Street Pro clutch kit.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/mcleod-2011-2015-mustang-5-0l-street-pro-clutch-kit-23-spline.html

Okay thank you, my dad is 74 years old and he drives it like a Prius so that may be best.

Open for any more input or suggestions though!

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Okay thank you, my dad is 74 years old and he drives it like a Prius so that may be best.

Open for any more input or suggestions though!

Actually, disregard my last post! After consulting with McLeod a little more, they recommended the RST twin disc as it has the lightest pedal of all their clutches (The Street Pro will be same as stock) and will offer smooth driveability still. I considered it over kill because it's rated to 800 hp, but this is the clutch McLeod recommends for your dad.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Actually, disregard my last post! After consulting with McLeod a little more, they recommended the RST twin disc as it has the lightest pedal of all their clutches (The Street Pro will be same as stock) and will offer smooth driveability still. I considered it over kill because it's rated to 800 hp, but this is the clutch McLeod recommends for your dad.

Thank you very much, is that something you sell? If so I will have my dad contact you

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Actually this is it, right?

McLeod RST Clutch
(Is this twin-disk?)

Mcleod 2011-2016 Mustang 5.0L RST Twin Disc Clutch Kit w/ ALUMINUM Flywheel

Mcleod 2011-2016 Mustang 5.0L RST Twin Disc Clutch Kit w/ STEEL Flywheel

I should also mention he has 98k miles on the car, should be be replacing flywheel as well?

Yes, you'll want to change the flywheel to get the most service life and least noise. I recommend the kit with the steel flywheel from the links your provided!

Users who are viewing this thread