2013 Mustang GT 1/4 Mile Track App

ktulu1984

Established Member
I haven't had a chance to go to a real track yet to see what kind of times I'm running, but I've been doing runs with the track app everytime I install something new. I live in south Louisiana, so we have good running conditions. When I was stock, the best I got was 12.9 @ 112. Now I'm getting 12.5 @ 120. The E.T. isn't too bad for not being on a sticky track, but if the MPH is correct, I'm really pleased. What I'm wanting to know is has anyone ever compared the track app to an actual run on a track? I have raced a couple CTS-Vs and have beaten them by a car length to maybe two lengths. Those are supposed to be 12.1 cars all day from what I've seen. The mods to the car are as follows. AirAid CAI, Pypes ORX, Pypes Pipe Bomb axle back, SR Performance Lowering Springs, Barton Short Throw and 2 post bracket, 20" Charcoal AMR Rims with 285/30 Nitto INVO in the rear, and the BAMA 93 octane race tune. I'm also wondering if anyone has a similar set up and has got a dyno run on theirs. I'm hoping for around 415 RWHP. Here is a link to a run I did the other day. I am running with traction control on and not shifting or launching hard to try and keep some traction.
2013 Mustang GT 1/4 mile Track App - YouTube
Here are a few pictures of my car
a>

a>

a>

a>

Last edited:

hoodley

Established Member
you would probably go a 12.2 or 3 at the track from being able to launch better, if my calculations are correct

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
If you beat those CTS-V's from a dig im betting the tires and your launch is what beats them.

Put some slicks on the rear and see if you can get to 11's! Maybe some light weight skinnys on the front too.

ktulu1984

Established Member
We raced from a dig and from a 40 roll. We were even from a dig until about 50 MPH then I pulled a little on them up to about 130MPH. We didn't go much faster than that, I'm pretty sure that they would have caught back up with that much HP difference. I still have my stock 18s, I may buy some slicks for those and use them if I ever make it to our local strip.

mhyjek

Established Member
What are your gears looks like the speedo might be off are the tires calibrated for? Looks like you hit 130 in 4th so you would need 3.15 for that..

hoodley

Established Member
the more you get it to hook your mph should probably drop 1 or mph. that 12.5@120 will probably become a 12.2XX @ 116-8? something like that. thats most likely why u beat the caddy he was probably spinning a good bit.

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
I set my Track Apps to run at the track before and it was .5 and about 8 mph off off (it was slower than I actually ran).....but yours may be different....I think it just gives a the ballpark figures LOL!!!!!

ktulu1984

Established Member
I have 3.31 gears. I have it tuned for the tires that I have on. 130 is what I was topping in 4th when I was stock also. My friend has a 2013 RS3 with 3.73 gears and he has to hit 5th well before I do.

mhyjek

Established Member
I have 3.31 gears. I have it tuned for the tires that I have on. 130 is what I was topping in 4th when I was stock also. My friend has a 2013 RS3 with 3.73 gears and he has to hit 5th well before I do.

The info tires you have listed are 25.8 diameter vs stock tire 26.8 for brembo wheels if I remember correctly so you are inch shorter or close too so when I plug that in to rear gear calc it gave me 126.4 at 7200 rpm make sure your revs per mile is correct my track apps has been spot on before and after tune by plus minus 1mph and .1-.2 on et

ktulu1984

Established Member
I don't remember the exact size of the factory tires, I think they were 235/50/18. They weren't the Brembo rims though. I never looked at the exact MPH but it was close to 50,70,100,130 and past 160 in fifth with factory rims. 1st through 4th are pretty close to the same after BAMA sent me the new tune for the tires I have now. What about HP guesses for my set up?

Justin81

Established Member
I think the Track App is a neat little Tech toy built into the car but I wouldn't take it's information for anything valuable. There's to many variables. Go to the track.

mhyjek

Established Member
I don't remember the exact size of the factory tires, I think they were 235/50/18. They weren't the Brembo rims though. I never looked at the exact MPH but it was close to 50,70,100,130 and past 160 in fifth with factory rims. 1st through 4th are pretty close to the same after BAMA sent me the new tune for the tires I have now. What about HP guesses for my set up?

Yeah there is the problem, 27.25 inches but varies from brand to brand but by .xx of an inch. You should see what your revs per mile is set at in your tune if correct it read 785 or so if it says 740 still set on factory wheel specs which is 5.5% overspeed correction so if thats the case your car real speed is closer to 114 which makes more sense for the ET posted

mystickb1996

Established Member
you live close to a dragway, you should hit up no problem raceway as they have test and tune coming up every Wednesday.. i go there with a guy from Houma also he has a 2014 dark blue 5.0... you car should run high 11s at 116 (with a good tire combo) as i have basically all the same mods

ktulu1984

Established Member
That's where I used to go when I had my C5 Z06 and 4th Gen Camaro SS. I heard they had new owners and I wasn't sure what the days were for Test and Tune. I may go this Wednesday if the weather is good. Have you been there lately mystickb1996?
mhyjek, how do you see what the revs per mile is? Not sure how to check it with the BAMA SCT.

mhyjek

Established Member
That's where I used to go when I had my C5 Z06 and 4th Gen Camaro SS. I heard they had new owners and I wasn't sure what the days were for Test and Tune. I may go this Wednesday if the weather is good. Have you been there lately mystickb1996?
mhyjek, how do you see what the revs per mile is? Not sure how to check it with the BAMA SCT.

When you load the tune goto options if unlocked you will be able to see and change revs per mile or just send bama a ticket to request what your revs per mile is set too.

ktulu1984

Established Member
I just went drive with a gps and the speed was dead on at 75MPH on the highway. I will try to get the info for the revs though.

ktulu1984

Established Member
I know we kind of got stuck on the 1/4 mile part of my question, but does anyone have any "educated" guesses on what my HP should be, at the engine, and the wheels?

5lho

Established Member
Well, quicky calculator shows my loaded '12 BBP, with MT, factory 3.73s and Procal, to be making 439 flywheel HP. this is damn healthy for a car claiming 412 flywheel stock and a 16 horse 91 octane tune. This is real-world results, though.

The whole % driveline loss is bogus so, that's as far as I'll go.

There's no way in hell your busting 120 mph on the mods you have.

Last edited:

mystickb1996

Established Member
Hey buddy, ya I was there around a month ago and track prep was great, that time out I ran 12.2@116 with everything you have other then a cai... If you wanna head that way sometime let me know I live in Metairie... Also I'd say your car is right around 390-400whp depending on how good your tune is.. And for crank hp I'd say 450 which if you calculate a 12% drivetrain loss ( if you have a m6 car) then that would put you at 396whp

Users who are viewing this thread