2013 motor limits?

robbinthehood

Established Member
Sorry for the newb post but I have been looking at coyotes ranging from 2011 to 2013 and recently found a post about the 2013 piston change. I am planning on going with fi in the future and was unsure whether a 2011 or 2013 would be a better choice. I know the issue with the #8 cylinder but didn't know if it was fixed with the 2013 motor. Plan on bolt ons pretty quickly then studying up more and deciding the route to take. Pretty set on an m6 also and have heard of a couple issues but really love rowing through the gears too much to go auto

Thanks guys

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Sorry for the newb post but I have been looking at coyotes ranging from 2011 to 2013 and recently found a post about the 2013 piston change. I am planning on going with fi in the future and was unsure whether a 2011 or 2013 would be a better choice. I know the issue with the #8 cylinder but didn't know if it was fixed with the 2013 motor. Plan on bolt ons pretty quickly then studying up more and deciding the route to take. Pretty set on an m6 also and have heard of a couple issues but really love rowing through the gears too much to go auto

Thanks guys

the #8 cylinder issue was a tuning issue mostly, the 2013 block still has the same issue the 2011-2012 block did for the water jacket.

Either way, your car with the stock engine depending on choice of FI might hold a tad bit under 650...

regardless, you should expect to build the bottom end, put in forged internals at some point.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
From the looks of it the OP only averages 2 post a year so don't expect a response back because he's almost met his quota.
:lol:

650 or so seems to be the limit if you plan on getting some life out of the engine but 600 is typically the safe zone.....there are guys that have racked up 20k miles at that power range.

Last edited:

robbinthehood

Established Member
Thanks guys. Yeah I really got into termis for a bit and almost got one. Then got into some other vehicles and offroading. Fallen in love with the coyote and its capabilities and am researching more and more. Might go with nitrous or turbo or super. These motors seem great

Users who are viewing this thread