2013 M3 thinks he can beat 2013 GT500

kaz109

Established Member
It didn't sound like this guy was an enthusiast who appreciated the 500. Although you may be right in general I think we know what kind of a d bag this guy was.

Agreed, I was just saying in general. When you see ppl post kills of cars that they are obviously faster than ( in my case my C63 vs GT500) and they have a chip on their shoulder about it. Put your Costco size pride gulp down for a minute and remember what it is like to be a true car enthusiast. I just see a lot of that on this site

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
When I used to drive around my stock '93 cobra this one particular M3 would always ride my ass and mess with me. But when I drove my terminator around he would purposely stay behind me even at red lights with no other car around.

I love the way M3's look but thats about it.

kaz109

Established Member
When I used to drive around my stock '93 cobra this one particular M3 would always ride my ass and mess with me. But when I drove my terminator around he would purposely stay behind me even at red lights with no other car around.

I love the way M3's look but thats about it.

Have you driven any?

NELCO

Established Member
Hey Kaz, I do not have a chip on my shoulder. First i said i did not want to race, He called me a pussy so i raced and killed him. As far as you saying you did not like driving the gt500,What year 500 did you drive? If you think your C63 can beat a 13/14 GT 500, I would like to see it.

kaz109

Established Member
Hey Kaz, I do not have a chip on my shoulder. First i said i did not want to race, He called me a pussy so i raced and killed him. As far as you saying you did not like driving the gt500,What year 500 did you drive? If you think your C63 can beat a 13/14 GT 500, I would like to see it.

Your reading comprehension has failed you. OK first off I know the story behind your race and never said you had a chip on your shoulder . If your comprehension was up to par you would've noticed that I said it was a general statement and from my experience that was the attitude of ppl driving much faster cars than the person egging them on to run.

Also again if you would have actually understood my post you would've noticed that I said I tried having some hwy fun in my C63 with a GT500 " KNOWING" that he was faster but I wanted to hear how they sounded in person as it was my first time seeing one at the time. So where in that statement did you get the impression I said my car was faster than a GT500? You should try reading and actually processing things before you reply. Lastly I drove a 13GT500 and it had raw hwy speed. That is it. It got old fast for me, I prefer a boss 302 out of the two stangs

hipoint_svt

Established Member
the beamer guys have the mind set that just because their car is so more expensive and in their eyes nicer that it's not much of a challenge. i've known way to many bmw guys that think their 325i is the fastest thing on the road

lucheski

Established Member
I am out just cruising about 65, This guy in a new M3 wants to try me. I shake my head and say no thanks, He looks at me and says pussy. I said game on, We went from a 60 roll to 130. I beat him by at least 15 car lenghts. He pulls up after a while and says WTF. I said don't mess with a mustang, let alone a GT 500
:beer::beer:

:lol:

kaz109

Established Member
Full bolt on e46 and stock DCT e92

Well everybody has their likes and dislikes. :beer:.....for me there are few cars I enjoy more than a M3 on a weekend canyon ride or at the track ( and I have driven and tracked a lot of cars) I just think other cars make for a better DD. But I still think the M3 is a brilliant machine

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
But I still think the M3 is a brilliant machine

Okay maybe my original post seemed very black and white. I love the way they look and handle but the motor just lacked in TQ. I just havent met an M3 owners that I could level with. All have been pretty much d-bags who think highly of their cars because of the price tag.

e46 Hartge M3.....now that is a beast in all categories. When I was shopping for a car before I bought my terminator, I found one for sale overseas. $50k, bone stock and 48,xxx miles. Yeah, I kept dreaming lol

m3boost

Established Member
There will always be cocky drivers no matter what car they drive..I had an e46 m3 instigate a race while I was driving my e30 turbo m3, he never had a chance..and by the same token, a friend kept bugging me to race his 2011 5.0 with my e36 turbo m3 knowing that I had had just replaced my power steering rack and my car was way out of alignment..I did so anyways cause he just wouldn't stop bugging me..I raced him on low boost with a passenger.. after I beat 'em, he still wanted to race me again, but this time, he told me he wanted my passenger in his car so that the passenger could see that his car was faster..this guy didn't know anything about power to rate ratio..So you can imagine how bad I beat him with his new added weight. His car had intake straight pipes no exhaust..atleast thats what they looked like cause I helped him put them on.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
the beamer guys have the mind set that just because their car is so more expensive and in their eyes nicer that it's not much of a challenge. i've known way to many bmw guys that think their 325i is the fastest thing on the road
+1 Beamer guys are clueless douchebags that don't know anything outside of their car.

Good kill O.P. Im sure he knew not to mess with a GT500 anymore, he proably smoked a new V6 and thought it was a GT.

Lifted07Duramax

Established Member
M3s are a joke unless they are being feed 8psi through an ESS charger. Then they are ok, but still lack a ton of torque.

As for the person who said they beat a M6 what year was it? The new ones with tunes are complete monsters and have been dynoing well into the 600s but it still weighs a lot

Now the 335i, be careful if you run into one because they are the ultimate sleeper. Car sounds the same if it has 300rwhp or 550rwhp and torque is there down low. Car can pull to 150 like its nothing

RBB

Established Member
I recently sold my 2010 M3 for a GT500 and stock for stock that guy would have to be crazy to think he had a chance. No competition there. I had an ESS 625 blower for about my last year of ownership and that would make it close from a roll, but I think my nearly stock (for about another week) GT500 would still take it.

The E92 M3 is a great car, no doubt, but serves an entirely different purpose than the GT500.

On a side note, I was a long time, contributing member of an M3 forum and the responses I got upon trading the M in on a Shelby were absolutely ridiculous. In my experience, most M3 owners really are not true car enthusiasts and have no appreciation for anything else. Most also wouldn't know how to change a tire or even a headlight bulb. You guys would laugh your asses off if you saw all the threads posted on the most basic of maintenance questions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread