2013 info released

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
lets face it the 6.2L is underpowered from where it should be, it has lowest compression ratio of any f-150 engine, less hp than the coyote and barely more torque than the ecoboost.

They either need to revamp this engine for a performance application or just scrap it and throw an NA 5.8L 4 valve in there. 340rwhp for a $50,000 niche/toy truck is a joke. :nonono:

The 6.2 is 411 and 434. It's only the most powerful V8 you can get in any truck these days. What do you mean less hp than the coyote?

Last edited:

r.barn

Established Member
lets face it the 6.2L is underpowered from where it should be, it has lowest compression ratio of any f-150 engine, less hp than the coyote and barely more torque than the ecoboost.

They either need to revamp this engine for a performance application or just scrap it and throw an NA 5.8L 4 valve in there. 340rwhp for a $50,000 niche/toy truck is a joke. :nonono:

You obviously have not looked into how bad ass the new 6.2L 2v hemispherical head engine is. This is a true big block design going back to the 460 style engine. big bore, big heads, gigantic valves and torque till the cows come home. Not some stroked out small block

1. go do a lot of heavy towing with that eco-boost and tell me how it holds up vs a 6.2

2. No one has pushed the 6.2 because it is so new. The Raptor itself uses a very complicated ECU torque management system that has slowed aftermarket development.

Go drive one and tell me "340rwhp is a joke". Cause I own one and I can tell you its not. could it use another 100hp ? sure, but what couldnt ?

Last edited:

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
lol. **** the gay ecoboost that would suck, obviously they come with a 6.2 for a reason

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
The only solution is to let livernoise totally build the engine from the ground up. Which cost five figures and up.
Why they have to build the motor?

Forged internals, whipple, exhaust and having a local shop assemble the motor isn't that expensive. That also figures in pulling the motor yourself.

And don't let a company tell you how a vehicle should be. Mod it how you want. Want a 5.8 like the new gt500's? Put one in.

Last edited:

outlw

Established Member
I've had a few 2-13 Raptors already.. waiting to see the beadlock wheel..

Have one 2012 left in stock.. gotta go.

Users who are viewing this thread