2013 hyundai veloster turbo vs. 2003 cobra

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
Kinda short story. Passed this new vehicle with dealers tags on the freeway on my way home today. Looked like a nissan juke and vw beetle had sex and this was their offspring. Had to look it up, its a 2013 veloster turbo.
Anyway, after i passed him on the freeway(i was going 75mph), he kind of sped up. He was playing a little passive aggressive with me, as he would fly up quickly to within a carlength of my rear bumper and then slow down to fall back about 10-15 lengths back. He did this probably 5 times on the 15 mile commute. I just kept a steady 75 in the left lane.
We took the split to get into town and he does it one more time, but this time hovering on my rear bumper and not falling back. I slowed to the 55 mph speed coming into town, and this is where i decided to have a little fun with him and help him make up his mind to whether or not he wanted to race or not. I downshifted to third, held it at a steady 55 mph for about 100yds or so, then i smacked it to the floor and did a rolling burnout through third gear. I then let out, shifted to fourth and slowed down to about 40ish. He slowly passed me on the right.
As he was going by, i see him mouthing "holy shit", and gave me a thumbs up. I waved to him, and nodded as i slowed to turn in to a parking lot. I couldn't help but chuckle a little. Anyway, not a race, just a little fooling around, but had to share.

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
haha yea I do that every now and then. Some people just want to see your car in action so they'll play around a little. Your car looks sick though in that pic. What size rear tires are those?

CobRoush-00

Established Member
If I saw your car on the freeway, I would like to see what it can do as well. Very nicely done, sir. Playing with the cat without letting it get out of the bag. :beer:

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
haha yea I do that every now and then. Some people just want to see your car in action so they'll play around a little. Your car looks sick though in that pic. What size rear tires are those?

Thank you sir. Rears are 315/35-17, nt05r's.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
wish the veloster wasnt so ugly. 200hp, turbo, and 2800lbs with a 6 speed. fun lil commuter car.

4a7191a

Established Member
i didnt even know that was you tab, small world. i take it that the cobras doing well :)

sent yah a PM

gtcs07

Established Member
Thats unfair haha. I have a 13 veloster turbo as a DD I absolutely love it but stock the best i pulled was a 15.0 1/4.

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
Kinda short story. Passed this new vehicle with dealers tags on the freeway on my way home today. Looked like a nissan juke and vw beetle had sex and this was their offspring. Had to look it up, its a 2013 veloster turbo.
Anyway, after i passed him on the freeway(i was going 75mph), he kind of sped up. He was playing a little passive aggressive with me, as he would fly up quickly to within a carlength of my rear bumper and then slow down to fall back about 10-15 lengths back. He did this probably 5 times on the 15 mile commute. I just kept a steady 75 in the left lane.
We took the split to get into town and he does it one more time, but this time hovering on my rear bumper and not falling back. I slowed to the 55 mph speed coming into town, and this is where i decided to have a little fun with him and help him make up his mind to whether or not he wanted to race or not. I downshifted to third, held it at a steady 55 mph for about 100yds or so, then i smacked it to the floor and did a rolling burnout through third gear. I then let out, shifted to fourth and slowed down to about 40ish. He slowly passed me on the right.
As he was going by, i see him mouthing "holy shit", and gave me a thumbs up. I waved to him, and nodded as i slowed to turn in to a parking lot. I couldn't help but chuckle a little. Anyway, not a race, just a little fooling around, but had to share.

hahaha good ending to the story :beer:

cjmclean

Established Member
I'll never understand import guys. I have people mess with me in the Boss. I have more kids in Hondas and Nissan try to race me than anyone else. Why pick on a car with 200 more HP?

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
I'll never understand import guys. I have people mess with me in the Boss. I have more kids in Hondas and Nissan try to race me than anyone else. Why pick on a car with 200 more HP?

9x outta 10 they want to see/hear your car go balls out. Plus the ricer crowd is typically a younger demographic and will take every opportunity to let the vtec kick in yo!

REPCobra10

Established Member
the ricer crowd is typically a younger demographic and will take every opportunity to let the vtec kick in yo!

While this car doesn't have VTEC, as it's a Hyundai, not a Honda, I find your commentary funny and truthful...

[youtube_browser]W_09a3uw1ls[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
While this car doesn't have VTEC, as it's a Hyundai, not a Honda, I find your commentary funny and truthful...

[youtube_browser]W_09a3uw1ls[/youtube_browser]

I am familiar with the veloster, looks like a fun little dd. I was referring to the hondas that the guy with the boss was talking about. That video is gold and I salute you. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread