2013 GT500 vs Porsche 911: Battle of the Verts

UOP Shadow

Established Member
Brand new Porsche 911 vert behind me on the cloverleaf of the tollway. As soon as we got onto the toll road, the Porsche quickly moved to the lane to the left of me and mashed it. As he passed by me, he looked over and started laughing. So I did what any Mustang owner would do, I mashed it. Before his rear bumper got in front of me, he started going backwards. I looked over at him as I passed him, both of us still mashing it, and guess what? His smile was gone!

I could just read his mind "****, my brand new Porsche is slower than a MUSTANG!" I'm guessing it was the temporary license plates that slowed him down.

After a couple car lengths lead, I slowed and let him pass me. He wouldn't even look over after he zoomed past. I've seen the same guy in the same car a few times since then. He never bothers to pull along side me or even look over to wave hi. Go figure.

kaz109

Established Member
Good kill and congrats on beating a cayman or Carrera as I am sure it wasn't a 991 turbo

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Very few Porches are worthy against a GT500 in a straight line...Its always funny to find those guys who have just read the manual and seen commercials saying their car is fast, but have zero clue about what cars are REALLY fast....

Its always fun taking down high values cars down here in S.FL.....some get it though, but a lot just do not.

Good kill OP ! Always good to get em with the top down !

freakshow12

Established Member
I don't believe a word of this. Shelbys are slow. If it were a new 5.0 I could believe it as I hear they will turn the earth off it's axis....

J/k. Good kill. I know the feeling

Sick03Vert

Banned
Good kill and congrats on beating a cayman or Carrera as I am sure it wasn't a 991 turbo

Really? Were you there? Did you sell the Porsche to the buyer? Do you know the Shelby's mod list?

Let me enlighten you:

2012 Porsche 911 Turbo (there's only a 20 HP and 7 TQ diff. to even the 2014 model, so don't start with that):

0-60: 2.9
1/4 mile: [email protected]

2013 GT500 (bone stock):

0-60: 3.2
1/4 mile: 11.6@126mph

As you can see, the Mustang picks up the speed much faster once it gets rolling, whereas a large advantage for the 911 is it's insane 0-60 sprint. So, from a roll, that advantage is eliminated.

Factor in a good driver for the Mustang and the fact that the 911 was probably not broken in (paper plates on it), and it's easy to see the GT500 coming out on top.

Now, I wasn't there...so I don't know what it was. BUT...neither do you, and you also don't know your numbers very well either apparently. :poke:

kaz109

Established Member
Really? Were you there? Did you sell the Porsche to the buyer? Do you know the Shelby's mod list?

Let me enlighten you:

2012 Porsche 911 Turbo (there's only a 20 HP and 7 TQ diff. to even the 2014 model, so don't start with that):

0-60: 2.9
1/4 mile: [email protected]

2013 GT500 (bone stock):

0-60: 3.2
1/4 mile: 11.6@126mph

As you can see, the Mustang picks up the speed much faster once it gets rolling, whereas a large advantage for the 911 is it's insane 0-60 sprint. So, from a roll, that advantage is eliminated.

Factor in a good driver for the Mustang and the fact that the 911 was probably not broken in (paper plates on it), and it's easy to see the GT500 coming out on top.

Now, I wasn't there...so I don't know what it was. BUT...neither do you, and you also don't know your numbers very well either apparently. :poke:

Hahahaha....that was cute. I am great with numbers and in touch with reality, a GT500 is not pulling lengths on a turbo. But it was cool how u ran to the drawing broad to try and prove how amazing the GT500 is.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Hahahaha....that was cute. I am great with numbers and in touch with reality, a GT500 is not pulling lengths on a turbo. But it was cool how u ran to the drawing broad to try and prove how amazing the GT500 is.

I didn't run to the drawing board. I simply presented facts to the argument, which isn't really an argument worth having because nobody, not even the OP, knows what it was.

I didn't say the GT500 is amazing. What I said was it isn't hard to see it coming out on top with the variables I mentioned.

Not my fault if you are in denial.

kaz109

Established Member
I didn't run to the drawing board. I simply presented facts to the argument, which isn't really an argument worth having because nobody, not even the OP, knows what it was.

I didn't say the GT500 is amazing. What I said was it isn't hard to see it coming out on top with the variables I mentioned.

Not my fault if you are in denial.

Not pulling lengths kid...your facts don't prove that argument. Edging out, sure its possible...but car lengths, not happening

Drufuss

Established Member
Don't think it was a turbo. I can't see how he came around a turbo with the more mph, the hit, and a car 1 lead. I'd bet on the gt500 in a straight up roll race, but not like its being described to me.

All the same, nice freaking kill! I'd make a living out of putting beat downs on dbags in vert Porsches if I could.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Not pulling lengths kid...your facts don't prove that argument. Edging out, sure its possible...but car lengths, not happening

Really "kid"? The numbers are close stock vs stock.

One question: What were the mods on the cars? :bored:

Exactly.

Yet you swear it can't happen. KNOW what you are talking about before you guarantee something. I didn't guarantee it, I said I could see it happening. YOU, on the other hand, say "no, mods aside no matter what the GT500 can't do it."

Interesting.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
From what I know the C6 Z06 is faster than the 997TT porsche from a roll. The mustang GT500(13/14) is even with the z06 from a roll.

Why is the story unbelievable now?

kaz109

Established Member
A turbo will not have a 1/2 or more car lead and get pulled "car lengths" by a gt500....unless it is pretty well modded. OP didn't say he was heavily modded so if he says that I will take back every comment and apologize to ever member posted in this thread but until then it was not a turbo ...a stock gt500 is not pulling on a turbo Porsche from 1/2 car or more back and putting cars on it...just not happening .

Kiohtee

Established Member
There's a ton of reading comprehension deficiencies in here. :nonono:

A stock GT500 isn't putting bus lengths on a stock 911 Turbo, especially having to come from behind. :lol:

But who knows, it may not be stock. Pretty retarded posting like this anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread