2013 gt500 tapping noise under the rear seat.

Svtheide

Established Member
Got my gt500 lowered, springs, LCA, UCA, an adjustable Panhard bar. Got a tapping noise from what sounds like under the rear seat on acceleration an deceleration, Any idea's?

Softballer77

Established Member
Got my gt500 lowered, springs, LCA, UCA, an adjustable Panhard bar. Got a tapping noise from what sounds like under the rear seat on acceleration an deceleration, Any idea's?

Sure it isn't your exhaust? Tolerances can be pretty tight under there. My Stainless Works system tapped a bit under acceleration and deceleration in an area or two I missed. I immediately went back under and readjusted. No issues after.

OaktownACE

Established Member

I had a lot of issues with my uca. The biggest was the bolt on the mount supposedly had the threads stretch and it wasn't torqued high enough so when the suspension extended and then came back to neutral over a bump, pothole, etc the washer on top snapped down on the metal. Sort of sounded like someone was shooting BBs at the metal under the seat.

Replacing the bolt which is actually a one time use bolt and torquing it to the right specs solved that problem.

Hope my troublesome experience can help.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Sure it isn't your exhaust? Tolerances can be pretty tight under there. My Stainless Works system tapped a bit under acceleration and deceleration in an area or two I missed. I immediately went back under and readjusted. No issues after.
+1 and after I adjusted, problem solved.

Regards,

Manuel

bklynpanman

Established Member
My UCA makes noise too.. check and re-checked.. The nature of the beast.. roll the windows down a touch and the noise magically disappears :dancenana:

Users who are viewing this thread