2013 GT500 Stock Heat Exchanger on a 2007 GT500

BlueShelby07

Established Member
First time posting here so I hope I'm in the right spot. I recently did the 2013 TVS swap on my 07 (ordering from Shelby in Vegas) and to my surprise they also sent me the Stock 2013 Heat Exchanger (front grill mount location). After what seemed like endless research I wasn't able to find any information online about someone trying this install. Well last weekend I took on the challenge and was successful but have some questions. The Stock 2013 HE is massive comparatively to the stock 2007 HE and takes up every last inch which leaves me to my first questions... How tight is too tight? I want to make sure the HE isn't too close to the radiator and actually blocking AirFlow. Is the AFCO a tight fit also? Has anyone does this install?

Side note: I had full intensions of getting the Afco setup but the 2013 HE is a decent piece and was Free! Is it the best? No! Is it still an upgrade? Yes! Let's stay on topic here as I want to help anyone thinking about doing this mod. Also, I don't have permission to post pics yet. Lame..

2007 GT500
2013 TVS Swap (stock pulley)
2013 Heat Exchanger Swap
Innovators West 15%
JLT CAI
JBA Long tubes with High Flows (stock mufflers)
VMP BAP

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You're in the right spot. The post limit is due to a number of issues that result when people join just to post "x" just to start something, etc. Fire off ten or so posts and you'll be fine. You are trying to link to another server, yes?

And the figment is indeed tight. Somebody did this swap a year or so ago and posted photos. Its there if you look for it.

BlueShelby07

Established Member
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I'll go in and try to find that thread/post. Not sure what you mean by trying to link to another server... Anyway thanks again for the info.

BlueShelby07

Established Member
I talked to Justin at VMP and he did point out one important fact. The 13/14 HE is much larger than the 07 HE but is STILL a single pass system. Is should still help with cooling but the VMP triple pass is the way to go if you have the coin and are having problems with heat soak. I have a track day coming up and will let everyone know if the 13 HE suffices.

nxhappy

Established Member
the fans are needed to cool everything down when the car is sitting. the 13 unit is better than the 07, but what you really need is the afco or C&r unit.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
First time posting here so I hope I'm in the right spot. I recently did the 2013 TVS swap on my 07 (ordering from Shelby in Vegas) and to my surprise they also sent me the Stock 2013 Heat Exchanger (front grill mount location). After what seemed like endless research I wasn't able to find any information online about someone trying this install. Well last weekend I took on the challenge and was successful but have some questions. The Stock 2013 HE is massive comparatively to the stock 2007 HE and takes up every last inch which leaves me to my first questions... How tight is too tight? I want to make sure the HE isn't too close to the radiator and actually blocking AirFlow. Is the AFCO a tight fit also? Has anyone does this install?

Side note: I had full intensions of getting the Afco setup but the 2013 HE is a decent piece and was Free! Is it the best? No! Is it still an upgrade? Yes! Let's stay on topic here as I want to help anyone thinking about doing this mod. Also, I don't have permission to post pics yet. Lame..

2007 GT500
2013 TVS Swap (stock pulley)
2013 Heat Exchanger Swap
Innovators West 15%
JLT CAI
JBA Long tubes with High Flows (stock mufflers)
VMP BAP

Another aid to getting that air free flowing through that area is the 2013-up fan shroud and fan assy. , it all works together and the 2013-up fan shroud and fan is not that expensive plus it is a bolt-in plug and play for the earlier cars from what I have seen.

As shown below, larger fan opening, fan blade assy. and flappers that also let air flow through vs. air funneling through a smaller 2007-2012 fan shroud opening, it all works together.......

E61E3EBB-89E4-49C1-8C29-9A1A6212274D-4520-00000522AC6A9618_zpsc6c7c442.jpg

D8AC024C-BEA2-4000-9781-7A70497C8C74-4520-000005213ABF9E76_zps6c7de4f8.jpg

Since you do not have H/E fans on the 2013/14 H/E, at least there is an air flow aid to get more air through, as shown above. It is all about air flow/heat removal.

R

Last edited:

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Blueshelby07 Do you have a gauge of any kind to see the difference in IAT2 or will you just be going by feel. I also still have the stock hx in my 12 ,though bigger than the 07, I think an upgrade would be a good investment for me as well.

Speedboosted

Established Member
I did the 13 HE swap...it's not as bad as people make it out to be. My install wasn't the most professional way but its gone through a full track day and over 40 drag strip passes and still going strong. Anyone interested can pm me and I'd be happy to walk them through it....warning, I did use zip ties for the intercooler pump :)

Users who are viewing this thread