2013 GT500 Stock Coolant Reservoir Capacity

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
I think he is asking about overall system capacity. Since the HE is larger than any of the previous years, you would think system capacity has increased. With the tank the same as previous models, you would also assume that capacity isn't really all that much more. Check your manual, it should list coolant capacities, then compare that to the previous models. I had the capacities saved on my computer for previous models, but laptop crashed and no longer have the info.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
The aftermarket coolant tanks do not fit the 2013. The suction outlet is in a different location on our cars. I know they are working on the quick fix. Can't believe they don't have one out by now.

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
Has anyone noticed when you jump the HE pump relay the flow isnt anywhere near what the 2011-12's are? When we were doing some dyno runs on a 2013 we noticed that the coolant in the HE tank was barely moving. In the 2011-12's its almost like a washing machine and moving fast. I guess its a weird setup in the 13's. The hoses sure have different routing to them. Along with more hoses......

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Has anyone noticed when you jump the HE pump relay the flow isnt anywhere near what the 2011-12's are? When we were doing some dyno runs on a 2013 we noticed that the coolant in the HE tank was barely moving. In the 2011-12's its almost like a washing machine and moving fast. I guess its a weird setup in the 13's. The hoses sure have different routing to them. Along with more hoses......

If you are referring to the flow through the resevoir, then yes it is much slower. Not only is there a restrictor in the return to the resevoir, there is also a bypass that returns the majority of the return from the intercooler directly to the pump.

The pump for the 2013 was significantly upgraded from previous years, going from about 3 gallons per minute for 07-12, to about 7 gallons per minute on the 13. You may not see it flowing, but the new intercooler system on the 13 is moving some fluid.

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
If you are referring to the flow through the resevoir, then yes it is much slower. Not only is there a restrictor in the return to the resevoir, there is also a bypass that returns the majority of the return from the intercooler directly to the pump.

The pump for the 2013 was significantly upgraded from previous years, going from about 3 gallons per minute for 07-12, to about 7 gallons per minute on the 13. You may not see it flowing, but the new intercooler system on the 13 is moving some fluid.

Yeah, thats what I thought. I saw the bypass hose around the resevoir.

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
At a recent show I was told that someone was coming out with what appeared to be a single piece tank to replace both the coolant reservoir and inter-cooler reservoir. He indicated that it would be a dual tank in construction with only the appearance of being one piece. If this is true I think it would clean up the front of the engine compartment quite a bit. Especially if it was in polished aluminum or anodized colors.

br549

Established Member
It's called The Tank but doesn't fit the '12 or '13. Write ur congressman to keep the pressure on the suppliers. There is a previous item where someone did a homemade fix.

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
It's called The Tank but doesn't fit the '12 or '13. Write ur congressman to keep the pressure on the suppliers. There is a previous item where someone did a homemade fix.

It sounds like a nice item, he said it wasn't available yet which mirrors what you're saying. I'm patient......kinda.

Users who are viewing this thread