2013 gt500 shaker system

Shelbanator

Established Member
I purchased my 2013 with no shaker in it if i order one online is there anything else i would have to order with it?..or do i just rip off the side of my trunk carpet (not literally) and look for a plug:shrug: thanks in advance guys

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Mine came with a shaker 500(no sub) and imo if you're looking at improving the sound you should consider replacing the interior speakers first thing. I ended up replacing everything but my original goal was to go aftermarket amp/speakers/subwoofer and keep the stock NAV. I wasn't a fan of the stock system sound and I didn't think adding the oem sub would make it better. It sounded muddy to me even without the sub.
That being said I think the wiring is there for the sub, but you may need to get an amp for it also.

Beercules

Established Member
Heres a few pictures of the Subwoofer/Amp.

Somerwhere I saw kicker or someone had an upgrade kit for all the speakers. Think this kit might be more worthwhile than sourcing new? Also, I was try set up a crossover or something so the sub doesn't kick in until lower freq's, everyone said the factory is too proprietary and they'd have to set up a completely new system to do what I wanted.

20160515_104258_resized_1.jpg
20160515_104348_resized_1.jpg
20160515_104411_resized_1.jpg
This one is the back of the sub.
20160515_104433_resized_1.jpg

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I would check the Shelby store and see what they have from Kicker. Better than OEM and most was designed as plug and play.

Tom

mikejaeggi

Established Member
I have the shaker sub in my 2013 and it's average at best. I would also reccomend getting an after market sub and replace the stock speakers, you will get much better bang for your buck.

svtride

Established Member
I pulled the sub woofer [components pictured above] out of my 2014...if you want it, I make you a good deal on it...

SVTRIDE at Gee MAIL dot com

Users who are viewing this thread