2013 gt500 price

svtsupersnake

Banned
does anyone know the price increase from a 2010 gt500 to 2011 and then to 2012. And i am talking about msrp not some stupid dealer trying to sell a 48k car for 80k

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
does anyone know the price increase from a 2010 gt500 to 2011 and then to 2012. And i am talking about msrp not some stupid dealer trying to sell a 48k car for 80k

I do not think those price increases will be indicative of the bump for a much improved and updated car in the 2013 model. At this point it is all a guess.......Steve

svtsupersnake

Banned
well it wont be the EXACT same but i can use it to get a rough estimate. I know 100 percent ford will not make it above 52k with no options.

svtsupersnake

Banned
well if they do they will get beat out by the zl1 in sales and they will have a super car at a too expensive price. the whole point of fords are that they are available at a price cheaper than audis and bmws so if they make it to expensive then there is no point.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
well it wont be the EXACT same but i can use it to get a rough estimate. I know 100 percent ford will not make it above 52k with no options.

I think the interesting comparison is the price difference between the 2002 SVT and the 2003 Terminator. 2002 base is $29K and the 2003 is $35K.

The Terminator was a big jump up from the prior model.

In our case, it is still the same model, but there is a large difference between the two cars. We will see by February I think.......Steve

Blaine

Established Member
I'd prepare for dealer markup rape to occur soon as they are released. This will hurt the 13 GT500's sales. I won't pay 1 cent over invoice. I'll wait and buy a used one. And if they are trying to sell them for 60k+..... I'll just pick up a 2008 Viper.

Since the body's are still about the same.... might be more cost efficient to pick up a used 2011 GT500 then add the 2013 parts you want from the local Ford dealer. I'm sure the aftermarket will also pick up on the 2013 design for the prior years. Sure you won't get the 5.8L or the revised tranny, but S/C swap will pick up the HP difference.

Last edited:

svtsupersnake

Banned
that 5.8L and revised tranny are a BIG BIG difference. they basically in my opinion make the prior models useless and pointless to get. Those electronic shocks are also a big deal. And if you go to a proper dealer you wont deal with homos trying to mark it up above msrp. I just dont see them pricing it too high because if they did people will buy zl1s. This is like some douchebag in a verizon start before the iphone 4s came out he was so sure verion and at&t wouldnt have them cuz it may have been "too expensive" when they get majority of their phone sales from this. From a buisness perspective the gt500 is what ford wants to make money on otherwise they wouldnt have upgraded it so much. The only way to make money is to keep it close to the same price hoping sales volume will increase. If they make it better and make it too pricy people wont buy it and they will just get a zl1 or a used 2012 and supercharge it and those profits do not go to ford. But if they come out and surprise me then they r truly a dumb company.

Blaine

Established Member
Well I'll be getting one, but depending on price and dealer retardation will depend on when.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
well if they do they will get beat out by the zl1 in sales and they will have a super car at a too expensive price. the whole point of fords are that they are available at a price cheaper than audis and bmws so if they make it to expensive then there is no point.
anyone cross shopping the ZL1 and GT500 are obviously concerned about performance to some extent, and i don't think you can find me one person that would turn down 70 more HP and 300lbs less weight for $2k-$3k, maybe even $5k less.
furthermore, BMWs, audis, and M-Bs are irrelevant in this discussion - the BMW M3 for example has an MSRP of $60k, runs pretty even with the $30k GT, gets beat up on by the $40k boss 302, and gets absolutely annihilated by the current $50k GT500(let alone the '13). of course you get a much better interior in the M3, but that's about it, it gets beat by a large margin in straight line and cornering by the 2013 GT500. and the '13 GT500 will no doubt still undercut it in price without options.
my guess? between $55k and $57k. we'll see though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread