2013 gt500 intercooler pump help!!

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
Very similar issues. Under wot, the ect angle on the tb wouldn't go above 35°. With the car sitting and the engine off, it would hit 82°. So after putting 2 different throttle bodies on the car, this didn't solve the issue. So I datalogged it with my laptop. Found the IAT2 temp to be 235°!
The car was going into failsafe mode. So I pulled the IC relay and jumped 3 and 5. The intercooler pump does not come on :( So what we thought was a TB issue is actually a heat soak issue because of the non-working IC pump.

Reference Thread
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/2013-gt500-intercooler-pump-help.1111601/

Last edited by a moderator:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
That is super hot. There's a recent thread on this same issue regarding the pump not running. I would suspect the wiring harness and not the pump.

Last edited:

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Thanks to this thread I located my pump harness connect and will check it this week.
Great posting OP. Thanks fellas.

Attachments

• IMG_1092.jpg
    IMG_1092.jpg
    512.4 KB · Views: 401

Softballer77

Established Member
I had the same issue. Even bought a new pump. Still didn't work. Checked the harness that connects to the pump harness and sure enough one of the pin holes was burned up. Bought 2 new ones so I could have an extra around since they were cheap. Fixed it no problem.
Those harnesses are notorious for going bad, and yes...summer time hard pulls will hit a wall when that timing starts pulling back due to the heat from lack of coolant circulation.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
You can get gauges that attach to the OBD port so you can monitor that critical function. Some gauges will let you set a warning light if it exceeds a certain parameter.

Users who are viewing this thread