2013 GT500 Drag Wheel and Tire Issue. Please Help!!!

KanzenShelby

Established Member
Hi All,

I have a 2013 GT500. Wanting to keep my OEM suspension and brakes due to daily driving. I recently purchase a set of 17x10.5 Race Star wheels with 28x11.5x17 MT ET street R Bias Ply.
I went to test fit the wheel(w/out tire) and found it to be extremely close to hitting the shock and the sway bar link. I know there’s people out there that has this set up. 1) what did you do to rectify this? 2) did you have to get wheel spacers to move it away from the shock and sway links? 3) did it affect your performance at the track at all!

I did try to do a search and couldn’t find a solid thread about this so don’t flame me for it...
Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I am suppose to hit the track next weekend. Time is not on my side. Any quick reply would be awesome. Thanks in advance

Silver Talon

Pronounced: Mahcargo Braaaap
Established Member
A small spacer is the easy solution, as long as there is outer lip room. Sounds like the back spacing may be a little off on the rims. Is the clearance an issue on both sides?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Silver Talon

Pronounced: Mahcargo Braaaap
Established Member
Yes there is outer lip room and yes it’s an issue on both sides.
Ok, so the smallest spacer possible would be your best option. You dont want to have issues with the studs being stressed too much.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread