2013 GT500 door speaker brackets for aftermarket speakers?

JPs2013GT500

I can count to potato
Established Member
I was going to upgrade the speakers on the door of my car today, but it doesn't look like what I was expecting:
speaker_01.jpg

speaker_02.jpg

speaker_03.jpg

speaker_04.jpg

So there's no way to simply bolt in these new 5x7's that I have. A google search yields info on using 11/12 Ford door speaker brackets. Model#'s: 4R3Z-18B947-AA and 4R3Z-18B947-BA.

Those that have upgraded the door speakers, are these brackets the solution I need to finish this or is there something else?

Thanks.

Last edited:

NELCO

Established Member
My friend made plywood templates for the front doors and I installed new speakers. I wanted it to look completely stock so I was able to reinstall the stock speaker covers. Our sound system is so pathetic it's not even funny.

JPs2013GT500

I can count to potato
Established Member
FWIW I went ahead and ordered the two parts I mentioned in my original post. They arrived today and yes, they do work and allow the install of aftermarket 5x7/6x8 speakers in the 13/14 doors.

This may be explained elsewhere on the site but the search function doesn't seem to be working properly.

fearthesnake

Established Member
FWIW I went ahead and ordered the two parts I mentioned in my original post. They arrived today and yes, they do work and allow the install of aftermarket 5x7/6x8 speakers in the 13/14 doors.

This may be explained elsewhere on the site but the search function doesn't seem to be working properly.

What speaker brand and size did you go with? Also, did it make any noticeable difference in the sound?

Thanks!

JPs2013GT500

I can count to potato
Established Member
I used a pair of Focal IC570's (2-way 5"x7") that I picked up on sale a while back. I think pretty much any of the popular brand 5x7's would be an improvement though. It was a definite improvement in sound for such a simple change. I can hear the mid range & high tones much better now. Before everything was a bit too muddy/boomy sounding to me (even with treble set to 100%).

I ordered the Metra speaker adapters (#72-5600) to make it plug-n-play. However, the adapters were wired incorrectly (reverse polarity). So I had to fix that, but I'd rather cut/splice those adapters than any wires on the car anyway so it worked out. Just a minor annoyance.

mrpork

Established Member
where did you order the brackets from.

merkyworks

Established Member
-1st link is a plug and play wiring harness; Ford speaker plug to aftermarket speaker universal style plug.

-2nd link (4R3Z-18B947-AA) is right speaker mounting adapter plate; speaker mounts to adapter plate with 4 screws, then the sub-assembly installs in the door. Using a different set of screws and holes in the adapter plate you are now able to mount speaker sub-assembly to the door.

-3rd link (4R3Z-18B947-BA) is the left speaker mounting adapter plate; install as described above.

2nd & 3rd link are to buy parts from AutoNation Ford White Bear lake, while the 4th & 5th link are just eBay versions of the 2nd & 3rd link. To install a set of speakers you will need link 1,2&3 or you will need link 1,4&5.

Users who are viewing this thread