2013 GT500 at Ford vs Chevy shootout....

FNBADAZ06

Established Member
...at San Antonio Raceway Dragstrip a week ago. Was that anyone from here ?
Looks like they were paired up with a stock 2011 C6 Z06.

8ca6a908.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjWr9MyTKwo

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
so you disappear for a while and then return with footage of a Z06 winning at the strip vs. a 2013 shelby??? you sir are practicing your trolling skills!!!! :poke:

anyway, looks like a good run for the Z06 and not so great for the GT500....driver mod is very important to get good times. althought 12.3 @ 120 is not terrible for the shelby, but we know its capable of more. How was the weather and track conditions in good ol san antonio?

FNBADAZ06

Established Member
so you disappear for a while and then return with footage of a Z06 winning at the strip vs. a 2013 shelby??? you sir are practicing your trolling skills!!!! :poke:

anyway, looks like a good run for the Z06 and not so great for the GT500....driver mod is very important to get good times. althought 12.3 @ 120 is not terrible for the shelby, but we know its capable of more. How was the weather and track conditions in good ol san antonio?

:lol1: Just back from a much needed vacation, my friend......man, did I need it.

Reading the thread and comments, it looks like a Chevy vs Ford shootout at San Antonio Raceway on 6/30/2012. If I read it right, the stock 2013 GT500 advanced to the finals against the 2011 Z06.

I think the OP posted a DA of 3000+ .

I just returned to the boards this morning to see what I've missed the last week or two and saw this posted. I think we all know it's going to be a driver's race (when both cars are stock).

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
:lol1: Just back from a much needed vacation, my friend......man, did I need it.

Reading the thread and comments, it looks like a Chevy vs Ford shootout at San Antonio Raceway on 6/30/2012. If I read it right, the stock 2013 GT500 advanced to the finals against the 2011 Z06.

I think the OP posted a DA of 3000+ .

I just returned to the boards this morning to see what I've missed the last week or two and saw this posted. I think we all know it's going to be a driver's race (when both cars are stock).

ahh ok makes sense, +3000DA holy crap

also agreed on the very last part :beer:

KsE

Established Member
i love the stock tires on the Z...pretty neat none the less.

I see the z06 guys over on the corvette forums are stroking each other off :)

Ive seen plenty of z06 guys run mid 12's at the drag strip, nothing new. Im sure will see tons of 13 gt500 guys running 12's....not me tho :)

FNBADAZ06

Established Member
Are those Nitto's on the Z06? Any slips?

None that I've seen.......just what was posted in the video comments.
It looks like NT05's, but it's hard to see the complete tread pattern.

ahh ok makes sense, +3000DA holy crap

also agreed on the very last part :beer:

+3000 is the norm for most of the Country during the summer months. Hell, even in the dead of winter we're lucky to see sub 1800's here in AZ :D

You putting some miles on your new toy ?:beer:

i love the stock tires on the Z...pretty neat none the less.

I see the z06 guys over on the corvette forums are stroking each other off :)

Ive seen plenty of z06 guys run mid 12's at the drag strip, nothing new. Im sure will see tons of 13 gt500 guys running 12's....not me tho :)

Yep.....driver mods go a long way on these cars. I'm pretty sure we're going to see many a drag strip video as these two car's face off.

Corvette forum guys can stroke 'em as good as any board, including this one :banana:

FYI.....my first pass with mine was a 12.2@123-125. Real easy to run 12-14 second passes in these cars :D

Users who are viewing this thread