2013 GT500 741rwhp Vs 2008 C6Z06 cammed 515rwhp ROLLs!

FartpipeZ28

Cry baby, Yes, I live in Moms' basement
Established Member
Well my friend and I hate each other and talk lots of trash on each other. However unlike many people. We actually put up and dont shut up! So we went out with his crisp new 2013 GT500 with 10% OD lower pulley, Cold air intake, TB, Lund Tuned, 3.73 gears making 741rwhp on American musclecars dyno and 700rwhp on a dynojet with heat in the motor not a cold dyno run. Versus my 2008 C6Z06 with a Katech torquer cam, headers, haltech KBII intake. Both cars on drag radials. 35* outside so traction was a bitch for both. Neither cars had a passenger and just a dark gopro video but you can clearly see the 13 GT500 makes up in HP/TQ for that weight difference (approx 500lbs). Good runs pretty clean no miss shifts and we still shook hands afterwards. Sorry for my hatred towards ECS/East Coast Supercharging but the tune in this car is HORRIBLE! Going to get that fixed, change out the intake, port the tb, change out the cats to a offroad xpipe and do it all over again... in warmer weather LOL!

2013 GT500 741rwhp vs 2008 C6Z06 515rwhp Roll Races - YouTube

Prototype007

Established Member
GT500 sounds like shit... kidding lol! Can't say you didn't expect that comment per previous thread.

Good race guys and thanks for sharing!

13GT500SG

Established Member
No matter what atleaat we actually got some damn pulls in. Also skinnies on front of c6z sorry had to add that.

My car makes 699/670. I will post the graph AND a video.

Enjoy

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The Z got his shit pushed in. Glad to see people calling each other out and actually racing.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
If you had kept going he would have out bus lengths on you. Good run.

2 cam sam

Established Member
No matter what atleaat we actually got some damn pulls in. Also skinnies on front of c6z sorry had to add that.

My car makes 699/670. I will post the graph AND a video.

Enjoy

He sure did get the jump on you. Do you think you need more gear or just a 4.0 whipple:rolling:

Even with just 515 to the ground, the C6Z shows just what an amazing car it is. Nice to see one of our own take one down though.

FartpipeZ28

Established Member
If you had kept going he would have out bus lengths on you. Good run.

Actually I'd like to test that. I'm pretty confident that around 145-150mph the C6Z06 will start to come back IMO.

Thanks for the compliments... minus the shit pushing in! That wasnt nice! Didnt post the video for the major shit talking. Just wanted to show hey the GT500 with the mods it has performs very well at its husky status with that kind of HP. Just for discussion not shit throwing.

13GT500SG has dyno graphs of 741rwhp from American musclecars and 700rwhp at another shop on a different tune. Lunds tunes are known to be better and 13GT500SG will agree the LUND tune is better/Faster.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
You might be right but from the video it just looked like he started pulling on you hard. Maybe it was you just letting off, I dont know.

FartpipeZ28

Established Member
Thanks for the vid guys, both awesome cars .
GT500 was coming on strong :beer:
is 515 rwhp with a bad tune?

Yeah the EAST COAST SUPERCHARGING/ECS tune in the car is HORRIBLE! The car gets horrible mpg, bad throttle response, getting KR all over. I dumbed down the timing from ECS's tune to get rid of the KR for now. Car needs a retune bad. I wouldnt take my Lawn mower to ECS to get tuned. What a bunch of ARROGANT **Sorry I bypassed the profanity filter*** at that shop.

13GT500SG

Established Member
The second race i got traction bc i was in 3rd gear. He was in second gear and hooked with his hoosier drs and zr1 17" wheels....his car as of now is nowhere near what a strong cammed c6z would be but im ok with that bc i pull pretty good. So should be a good race that will be coming in a couple weeks with brighter video

BOD89LX

Established Member
Nice to see this race, as it must be one of the first 13 VS ZO6 I have seen. It's also nice to see the GT500 be able to pull that hard at high speed on a ZO6. Thanks for posting.

Yeah the EAST COAST SUPERCHARGING/ECS tune in the car is HORRIBLE! The car gets horrible mpg, bad throttle response, getting KR all over. I dumbed down the timing from ECS's tune to get rid of the KR for now. Car needs a retune bad. I wouldnt take my Lawn mower to ECS to get tuned. What a bunch of ARROGANT FU*KS at that shop.

How come you didn't go immediately back to express to them that you were really dissatisfied with the tune?

Users who are viewing this thread