2013 GT - Wanting to add GT500 rear valance w/ GT500 Exhaust - with a twist

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Hey guys... New on the board as you can tell but not new to modifying. Just picked up a 2013 GT last week, already looking to add on parts... I see that adding on a GT500 valance is an option, but most of which come packaged with GT500 factory exhausts. Unfortunately for me they sound a tad bit too tame, and matching it up with an x-pipe just hasn't sounded right, or just haven't found the right video that makes it sound good.

With that said, onto my point. If I could get a valance on and find it by itself, would a AFTERmarket exhaust for a GT500 fit on my 5.0? Should feasibly be the same considering the factory GT500 exhausts fit on 5.0's right? Obviously it goes without saying, but quad tips would be the goal here, just with a different sound than the stock mufflers etc...

alex12gt

Established Member
Magnaflow has a quad tip setup

That requires cutting on the stock valance on 2011-12 not sure if it fits the 13s

Op american muscle has the valance by itself and any of the 2013 gt500 exhausts will fit im sure we will start seeing more options soon

halfscale2130

Established Member
That requires cutting on the stock valance on 2011-12 not sure if it fits the 13s

Op american muscle has the valance by itself and any of the 2013 gt500 exhausts will fit im sure we will start seeing more options soon

Not if he goes with the gt500 valence.

87hatchy

Established Member
I'm guessing you could use any axle back with the 13 gt500 valance. Just cut quad tips off gt500 mufflers and have exhaust shop weld them onto an axle back of your choice.....unless 13 gt500 mufflers tips come out of the muffler at a weird spot compared to regular axle backs...but still it's prob not hard to adapt the tips to any muffler....

Nuar

Established Member
Magnaflow came out with axle backs for the 2013 gt 500 already and they have the quad tips. There are a few vids on youtube but on a gt they will sound different obviously.

Thalilbear02

Established Member
There are lots of options already for Gt500's, Magnaflow was mentioned which I saw, and a few others too, but feasibly there shouldn't be any difference at least axleback-wise that would not allow an aftermarket exhaust work, seeing that the stock GT500 exhaust fits right?

Sounds straightforward, but I haven't seen anybody do the same thing quite yet.

Nuar

Established Member
Well yeah, since the OEM gt500 quad tip mufflers fit, all the aftermarket axlebacks will fit as well.
I debated doing the exact thing youre thinking of doing but I'm the kind of guy that needs to hear the exhaust setup before I purchase it, and since I would have to cut up my shiney new bumper, I decided not to go through with it :/

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Well yeah, since the OEM gt500 quad tip mufflers fit, all the aftermarket axlebacks will fit as well.
I debated doing the exact thing youre thinking of doing but I'm the kind of guy that needs to hear the exhaust setup before I purchase it, and since I would have to cut up my shiney new bumper, I decided not to go through with it :/

Yeah you make a good point... Maybe I should just modify the tips on the exhaust I think sounds the best and just find the valance.

Where would I find JUST the valance though? Don't see it listed anywhere...

::EDIT: NVM Found it on AM:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/gt500-rear-valance-2013.html

Last edited:

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
How much further does the 2013 axle back stick out compared to the 2011-12's, if it even does at all? Anyone know?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread