2013 GT to 2007 GT500?

98ATLBlueCobra

Established Member
I've always wanted a shelby and found a good deal on an 07 gt500 blue with white stripe with 20k miles. I guess my biggest question is it worth the trade off? My 13 looks better and has all the bells and whistles . I miss having an svt product and a shelby would be a dream just not sure nows the time.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Before I bought my 14 GT/CS I was looking into low mile 07-09 GT500's for same money. It came down to looks, options, handling, and really wanting a good performing auto. I do not regret my decision. Jmo

ZincYellowGT281

Established Member
Before I purchased my 2011 I also was looking at a 2007 gt500. It was tempting because it was full bolt'ons and upgraded whipple. I did not go with it because it had no warranty and the fact that we all have seen what happens to supercharged cars with bad tunes. Couldn't take the risk with a dd.

Angry50

Established Member
I was making that decision too. the only plus for gt500 is the"GT500" status and the supercharger that comes with it. once you go boost on the coyote you can put the 07 gt500 to bed. and if you like handling don't even consider a gt500. the coyote is better. plus newer car vs old and wear and tear.

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
Everything the above posters said is true. I kicked this very thought around until fun ford weekend in April this year where in a heads up race my car put a solid .2 on a gt500 with drag radials (I was on slicks). That idea died that day as his car had a pulley, tune and exhaust. Go coyote go!

mavisky

Established Member
I'd keep the 5.0 unless you are really unhappy with it.

I bought mine this spring with only 9,000 miles on it because I wasn't as concerned with handling (hence the decision to also get a convertible) and I knew that with reliable basic mods it would get me to the 600+ hp range at the crank while offering some exclusivity as well. FWIW I was cross shopping brand new 2013 Track Pack & Recaro equipped GT's for a couple grand more and almost pulled the trigger on one of those instead.

98ATLBlueCobra

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. I am happy with the car overall its a fun all around car. Its something about a damn Shelby that gets me every time for some reason.....

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
unless you plan to put a lot of money into the GT500 its not worth it.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I wish they would move this to road side.

As someone that used to drool over the '07-'09 GT500, I would keep the '13.

I fell out of love with badges/status because in the end its still a Mustang. Don't get caught up with being in SVTP and buying the "collector" or "worth more" car.
Collector = yes if it's a low mile example and stored for 20+ years.
Worth More = low mile, 1-2 owner. Otherwise you won't lose too much on a newer car when trying to sell it. Also helps if you are the original owner.

Users who are viewing this thread