2013 gt taillight fixed!!$$$

5ohpowa

Established Member
I got my tail light fixed under warranty on my 2013 this week. Glad it wasnt me buying that!
IM

5ohpowa

Established Member
Well the left taillight right after i got the car wouldnt sequence with the turn signal it kust flashed all three very fast. 9/10 times it did this. I dread the ideal of someoneone touching my car(had some horror storys i could share)so i decided it still blinked so id deal with it. Well the other day i got the car all detsiled up washed the bottom on the lift even and went to take it for a cruise, so i hut the unlock button and trunk pop button and the light came on for a second and then the left one went out. Running lights didnt work or turnsignals and only two of the rings lit for the brake-light. So i took it apart no loose connections so i decided id turn the lights and tap on it from the inside and it did flicker on and off. So i figured it needed the assembly for took the car in verified the problem,and ordered a new assembly. They did manage to scratch the new lense but it will wetsand and buff out and they had my car for a week so i figured id take it from there. All is good so far but id hate to have one quit outside of warranty

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Risky move trying to fix it on your own. I've never dealt with new car warranties, but it would seem like had you broke it trying to diagnose the problem yourself, they may have told you SOL.

Glad you got it fixed though!

5ohpowa

Established Member
Yea thas why i didnt take anything apart other than interiir trim which u cant tell anyways. I made video of all 3 different things it was doing and showed them all when i dropped it off.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
The lights are $880 each?! F that! Hopefully Raxiom has their 2013 style out soon.

ViciousJay

Established Member
2013 - $900 tail light

----------------------------

2015 - same tail light $190

gotta love new car parts mark up

Users who are viewing this thread