2013 GT Start up rpm surge??

Modenausa

Established Member
Did a search and another thread mentions replacing the throttle body but I don't that's the issue here. 2013 gt with 200 miles on it.. Brand new essentially. Put on the boss manifold and airaid intake along with gt500 axle back.. All from American muscle along with their custom 93 race tune. Install was a breeze and it seemed everything was perfect. However after the few times I've driven it, on a cold start the rpms surge like 60'rpm for about 60 seconds and it goes away. I've checked all the hoses and vacuum lines and the new line I ran for the purge valve, all look great. Any ideas why the surge would happen? Small tuning issue? Shitty fuel from shell? I was going to begin data logging but wanted to make sure I'm not looking over something simple. After 60 seconds or a small rev in the throttle it goes away. Only a cold start it does it.

Modenausa

Established Member
Wasn't doing it before I put on the aftermarket parts that's why I'm raising an eyebrow. Any who I called AM and they told me to remove the MAF retainer screen inside airraid tube. They said it's in there for folks who do not have tunes. Didn't know that. I took it out and she idles perfect. No more rpm surge.

Users who are viewing this thread