2013 GT Paxton 2200SL Dyno Video

RC-5.0

Established Member
this is not a 3v, this is not a 3v,

i don't know how many times can say, that the 5.0's are not a 4.6 3V

There is no difference in the torque numbers. I've been posting this for over 2 years now, and people keep repeating it.

Look at his conservative 91 dyno numbers, and now watch this roush dyno vid

Alex's Dyno Run - YouTube

the hp is 3 difference and torque is' "IDENTICAL"

Depending on the dyno / the tune / etc... You may see a 10hp difference at the same power levels.

Are you saying there is NO difference in TQ on our 5.0's with a Roush or Centri given the HP is almost the same? I just want you to go on record that you SAID that before I show you all the Videos and dyno sheets I have seen, not just one friend's.
RC

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Are you saying there is NO difference in TQ on our 5.0's with a Roush or Centri given the HP is almost the same? I just want you to go on record that you SAID that before I show you all the Videos and dyno sheets I have seen, not just one friend's.
RC

The power/torque comes on in different places but the over all tq/hp between a roush/pd blower vs a centri is basicly the same. At 600whp they will all make right around 480tq, I know 4 guys all with pd blowers(2 with the roush), at 580-600whp they were all in the 470-490tq range. A car making 560whp would be a bit lower. Now I agree that this specific car is a bit low on tq, but considering its got a completely stock exhaust, and the base kit with a very conservative tune and probably the base pulley on a 91 tune. Hes probably right about where he should be. Toss on a different tune from AED, Lund, HPP and you'll probably see the torque jump up a good amount along with the HP. Most cars with this kit and a lund/AED tune are in the 600rwhp range, not 560. He would also see a good gain from an X-pipe and Cat delete.

P.S. I wouldnt really argue with beefcake, he has only set several records and DD's a 1000rwhp Paxton car that IIRC, HE BUILT, he has sold dozens upon dozens of kits and installed and tested them on many cars, and he is one of the best known and most respected venders on this site. You probably wont get much back up from the other members so you better bring your A game otherwise class will probably be in session.

Please, continue:pop:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The power/torque comes on in different places but the over all tq/hp between a roush/pd blower vs a centri is basicly the same. At 600whp they will all make right around 480tq, I know 4 guys all with pd blowers(2 with the roush), at 580-600whp they were all in the 470-490tq range. A car making 560whp would be a bit lower. Now I agree that this specific car is a bit low on tq, but considering its got a completely stock exhaust, and the base kit with a very conservative tune and probably the base pulley on a 91 tune. Hes probably right about where he should be. Toss on a different tune from AED, Lund, HPP and you'll probably see the torque jump up a good amount along with the HP. Most cars with this kit and a lund/AED tune are in the 600rwhp range, not 560. He would also see a good gain from an X-pipe and Cat delete.

P.S. I wouldnt really argue with beefcake, he has only set several records and DD's a 1000rwhp Paxton car that IIRC, HE BUILT, he has sold dozens upon dozens of kits and installed and tested them on many cars, and he is one of the best known and most respected venders on this site. You probably wont get much back up from the other members so you better bring your A game otherwise class will probably be in session.

Please, continue:pop:

thank you!

that said

RC

I just posted a dyno video for a roush car making within 3 hp of the OP's car,

the torque # was identical.

On the base kits that have been out / tested over 2 years ago, i have posted several numeric graphs comparing the hp / torque numbers of the kits.

once you get away from the base kits, all bets are off, the paxton will outshine the roush kit in every way.

it's been proven over, and over, and over, and over.

same thing with the whipples. It takes a 100 shot of nitrous on top of a 2.9 whipple (better than the tvs) to hang with an oil fed paxton / jt trim.

there is only one pd car that has went quicker than me, and it was a 4.0L whipple car, with 26 psi, vs my pd at 18 psi.

lookout if i ever decide to put a ysi and bigger crank pulley on. All bets will be off lol

kaane

Established Member
Since a few of you mentioned my car is making low numbers. Does anyone have dyno sheets from other 91 octane tunes with stock exhaust with 52lb gt500 injectors?

at 7krpm my injectors are static even with BAP.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Since a few of you mentioned my car is making low numbers. Does anyone have dyno sheets from other 91 octane tunes with stock exhaust with 52lb gt500 injectors?

your numbers are fine at the RPM, you can spin the thing to 7500 and It'll still be making , you're right where you should be for your mods and fuel,

if you need some id 1000s let me know

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
thank you!

that said

I just posted a dyno video for a roush car making within 3 hp of the OP's car,

the torque # was identical.

On the base kits that have been out / tested over 2 years ago, i have posted several numeric graphs comparing the hp / torque numbers of the kits.

once you get away from the base kits, all bets are off, the paxton will outshine the roush kit in every way.

it's been proven over, and over, and over, and over.

same thing with the whipples. It takes a 100 shot of nitrous on top of a 2.9 whipple (better than the tvs) to hang with an oil fed paxton / jt trim.

there is only one pd car that has went quicker than me, and it was a 4.0L whipple car, with 26 psi, vs my pd at 18 psi.

lookout if i ever decide to put a ysi and bigger crank pulley on. All bets will be off lol

For a complete comparison's sake, what is the price difference between the PD blowers and the centri blowers?

I had a Vortech for many years and it was flawless. Never gave me a single problem and was really fun to drive.

I also had ported Cobra that was really fun to drive and loved the instant torque around town. So I could go either way on this, it really comes down to the cost of the two in comparison.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
For a complete comparison's sake, what is the price difference between the PD blowers and the centri blowers?

I had a Vortech for many years and it was flawless. Never gave me a single problem and was really fun to drive.

I also had ported Cobra that was really fun to drive and loved the instant torque around town. So I could go either way on this, it really comes down to the cost of the two in comparison.

depending on the setup, usually 1500-2500 difference

PhillyLS1

Established Member

I have a V3 on 91 octane and it makes around the same power. People on this forum are obsessed with hero-run dynojet numbers. I have a feeling your tune is nice and conservative.

And you're right. Your injectors are at their limit. Better to be safe than sorry.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
depending on the setup, usually 1500-2500 difference

Okay, you mentioned that getting away from the base kits is what really makes the difference in power and down the road potential.

So, say a Roush TVS/ Whipple 2.9 compared to a Paxton 2200 and a Vortech JT trim.

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Okay, you mentioned that getting away from the base kits is what really makes the difference in power and down the road potential.

So, say a Roush TVS/ Whipple 2.9 compared to a Paxton 2200 and a Vortech JT trim.

Here ya go, if you really want to get technical then add another $500 for a TB for the paxton kit but this gives you an idea.

Lethal Performance 5.0L 600rwhp 2.9L Whipple Package - 2.9L Kits - Whipple - Superchargers - 2011-2013 Mustang GT 5.0L

Paxton 2011 5.0L Complete NOVI 2200SL S/C System (Satin) - Paxton - Superchargers - 2011-2013 Mustang GT 5.0L

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member

See, that's awesome when you compare the pricing and the potential of the kits. And that's not even Beefcake's pricing! I'm sure the Vortech JT kit has to be somewhere around that price as well.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

and with my beefcake special, plus the $300 rebate this month, and you can make 750 rwhp, very inexpensively with the paxton kit

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
and with my beefcake special, plus the $300 rebate this month, and you can make 750 rwhp, very inexpensively with the paxton kit

Yes sir. For a long time I wanted a whipple, then when I saw the price I about crapped my pants, then I was set on the Procharger kit but after hearing a few horror stories and seeing your pricing on the paxton plus your reputation for taking care of your customers, you WILL be getting a call from me come tax return time. Just waiting for uncle Sam to pay me back the loan I gave him over the last 12 months, lol.

P.S. Please do a special for February:banana:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yes sir. For a long time I wanted a whipple, then when I saw the price I about crapped my pants, then I was set on the Procharger kit but after hearing a few horror stories and seeing your pricing on the paxton plus your reputation for taking care of your customers, you WILL be getting a call from me come tax return time. Just waiting for uncle Sam to pay me back the loan I gave him over the last 12 months, lol.

P.S. Please do a special for February:banana:

lol, gimme a shout then!

kaane

Established Member
Here is the actual dynosheet. He did rev it to 7300.

Gains vs Baseline as well.

paxton2.jpg

bigriff85

Established Member
Paxton ftw as soon as I get this tvs sold beefcake ill be calling for the oil fed kit to make some big power!

RFM50

Established Member

Just so you know, the gt500 injectors are 47lb injectors and not 52lb.

Users who are viewing this thread