2013 GT nonbrembo brake upgrade? Anyone used Stoptech pads+Centric Premium rotors?

rotarymagic

Established Member
I do NOT track this car on a road course and I have base nonbrembo GT brakes. The purpose of the car is occasional "spirited" and daily driving which the car needs to be able to stop well from higher speeds. I'm looking at stoptech pads and centric premium rotors except I'm not sure which part numbers to get. Any other recommendations would be great, but I am not looking to get a Brembo upgrade or a big brake kit. I run 17x7 WELD RTS wheels in the front and 15x10 WELD RTS wheels in the back. Thanks in advance!

Voltwings

Established Member
Honestly, i run Centric premium rotors on the road course, but have run stock rotors as well. The Centrics are almost 50% more expensive than stock rotors, and the stock will handle spirited street driving just fine. If you're ok with spending the extra "just because" then by all means i recommend the Centrics ... i just don't know that i can say there will really be a benefit over stock rotors in that application.

Where in Texas are you? I order all my brake components from Vorshlag in Dallas. Give them a call and they'll get you taken care of. http://www.vorshlag.com/index.php

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
I run stoptech slotted (because I wanted the cryo) and Hawk HPS 5.0. with dot4.

I have the telemetry on the dash. With the stock pads, I was only able to pull .89 G stopping in a straight line! Absolutely pathetic. With the new pads, bedded in (only fronts at this time) I can pull over 1.2 G straight line. Same tires as before, but instead of a prepped surface (.89G was my best over a day on a prepped surface) I hit 1.2+ on a bumpy back road!! I can still push them hard enough to start fading, but it takes significant effort.. or bad driving on my part. I went through work here, at Tire Rack and got a good enough deal.

Worth every penny.

vortecd

Established Member
I am also upgrading my stock base brakes. Think I will follow the Stoptech slotted with hawks HPS 5.0. I was already going with the hawks since I have run them on other cars but will try the new HPS 5.0

Users who are viewing this thread