2013 FX4 Tuxedo Black Ecoboost

4DRHTRD

Ecoboosted!!!!
Established Member
Thought I'd drop in an share some ecoboost love.

What am I going to do with this truck, as of today I'm looking at the following mods:
1. Lowering 3/5 (why? because a lifted 4x4 is not necessarily condusive to fast 1/4 mile times) the 4x4 is for traction not for off road.
2. Pro Comp Series 7032 20x9 wheels with some appropriate sticky meat
3. LOTS of Full-Race upgrades, turbo(s), intercooler, intake piping, brakes and fuel system upgrades. Will be working with Geoff a TON to get this done.
4. Lots of blacking out, color matching the chrome emblems, removing FX4 stickers, debadging the ecoboost emblem etc. Still doing a ton of research on this.

One of the cool things I'm already looking at will be a 20 gallon fuel cell where the spare tire is and a remote filler behind a flip down license plate holder.
What's the end goal for this truck? SPEED, low 11 second 1/4 miles, what's it going to take to do that? WHO KNOWS but I surely plan to do it.

2013-05-23+13.09.13.jpg

2013-05-23+13.09.28.jpg

2013-05-23+13.09.46.jpg

2013-05-23+13.10.04.jpg

2013-05-23+13.10.22.jpg

2013-05-23+13.10.33.jpg

2013-05-23+13.11.00.jpg

2013-05-23+13.11.28.jpg

SNCBOOM

Established Member
What sort of 4wd system does it have? It seems like a bad idea to run the 1/4 in 4Hi :shrug:

4DRHTRD

Ecoboosted!!!!
Established Member
What sort of 4wd system does it have? It seems like a bad idea to run the 1/4 in 4Hi :shrug:
Shift on the fly, what you do is 4HI with e-locker locked for launch then switch to 2HI after 2nd gear shift. I'm looking into a way to automate this at the track. Maybe use a nitrous controller or something to activate some relays or a small circuit to do it.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Shift on the fly, what you do is 4HI with e-locker locked for launch then switch to 2HI after 2nd gear shift. I'm looking into a way to automate this at the track. Maybe use a nitrous controller or something to activate some relays or a small circuit to do it.

Sounds awesome, I look forward to your progress :beer:

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Nice truck, I personally wouldnt go that route, but I like your initiative and creativity. I have an FX4.... seems like a waste of an awfully good off road suspension... Good Luck

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
doesnt the 4wd crap turn off once you hit a certain speed?

seems like a proper tire/suspension setup would get you rolling just fine without having to lug the weight of a 4x4 system around

be interested to see it come along, think youll be able to make low 11s without putting windows in the stock block?

4DRHTRD

Ecoboosted!!!!
Established Member
Nice truck, I personally wouldnt go that route, but I like your initiative and creativity. I have an FX4.... seems like a waste of an awfully good off road suspension... Good Luck
The suspension will be swapped out for Bell Coilovers eventually
doesnt the 4wd crap turn off once you hit a certain speed?

seems like a proper tire/suspension setup would get you rolling just fine without having to lug the weight of a 4x4 system around

be interested to see it come along, think youll be able to make low 11s without putting windows in the stock block?
I only need 4WD for the 60' approx, once that's over I turn it off anyhow, less drag.
The motors are working just fine, my Flex is making around 500WHP currently with the Ecoboost V6.

4DRHTRD

Ecoboosted!!!!
Established Member
Modified intake manifold with 6 auxiliary injectors controlled with splitsec AIC1-6
Current:1 gallon fuel cell with Walbro external 255lph fuel pump and boost referenced FPR
Next week:Dual DW-300 in tank fuel pumps fed to boost referenced FPR split to nitrous, aux fuel system and factory DI fuel system
PPE 2.5" downpipes
Custom cutout with SPracing 3" boost activated cutout
Stock turbos with billet compressor wheels from Turbos direct and Turbo Smart wastegates
Dynotune 75 shot
or
You can click the video link in my sig... :)

K-Dubb

Established Member
The suspension will be swapped out for Bell Coilovers eventually

I only need 4WD for the 60' approx, once that's over I turn it off anyhow, less drag.
The motors are working just fine, my Flex is making around 500WHP currently with the Ecoboost V6.

The 4wd will not disengage until you let off the gas. Are you on the f150 forums?

K-Dubb

Established Member
The 4 wheel does disengage at WOT, I've done it and so has many others.
I am on the F150forum.com - mtxpert is my nick there, somebody had 4DRHTRD.
Video of the shift.
LOL - YouTube

Ok yeah I've read a few of your threads.:rockon:

Funny you linked that vid. I actually questioned Corey in that same thread on why he was turning off 4wd when it actually won't disengage. I thought he had figured out a way to do it. Turns out he was just doing it so he didn't forget when he let off. It does not actually disengage under power like that.

Users who are viewing this thread