2013+ front speaker upgrade help, crutchfield does not know.

i want boost

Established Member
i just want to upgrade the front, maybe rears in my 13 with shaker 500. just want to clean up the sound. anyway crutchfield tech said they have not pulled apart a 13 yet, but do know they changed the wiring and speakers in them. saw on a one form that they were 5 1/4 components, but do not give information on wiring or such.

anyway has anyone upgraded their 13, do i need to get components or can i just do a 2-way/3-way 6x8. what about the wiring deal? no audio fanatic, just want clean sound.

kingnut

Established Member
search speaker in title and im sure the thread will show up under this subforum.

Clucas

Established Member
i just want to upgrade the front, maybe rears in my 13 with shaker 500. just want to clean up the sound. anyway crutchfield tech said they have not pulled apart a 13 yet, but do know they changed the wiring and speakers in them. saw on a one form that they were 5 1/4 components, but do not give information on wiring or such.

anyway has anyone upgraded their 13, do i need to get components or can i just do a 2-way/3-way 6x8. what about the wiring deal? no audio fanatic, just want clean sound.

The 13 both with and without the shaker system has a slot that will fit a regular 6x8. The one with the shaker has a plate on it that has a tweeter and an 5 1/4" speaker on it, but it is basically just a separated 6x8. Nothing to be worried about, just straight forward mustang like it has been since '94

Users who are viewing this thread