2013 Ford racing coyote block

freiday13

Established Member
So who's used the new Ford racing block. I wanna if it's worth the 1500. And if they handle more hp then the stock coyote

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So who's used the new Ford racing block. I wanna if it's worth the 1500. And if they handle more hp then the stock coyote

It's a stock block, so it's going to withstand what a stock block can take.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/ford-racing-2011-mustang-gt-5-0l-production-aluminum-block.html

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=22639

-Mustang GT 5.0L 4V Ti-VCT production aluminum block
-Low pressure cast 319 aluminum
-Pressed-in thin-wall iron liners
-92.2 mm bore size
-Cross-bolted nodular iron main bearing caps
-Block features 11mm cylinder head bolts (2011-2012 engine builds using this block will require 11 mm head bolts)
-Block has provisions for engine oil squirters
-Includes dowels and plugs

If you are referring to the sportsman block, I don't think it's been released just yet.

Last edited:

BurnTire

Established Member
Anyone know the deal with this block?

COYOTE 5.0L ALUMINUM RACE CYLINDER BLOCK -- M-6010-M50R

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/COYOTE_5_0L_ALUMINUM_RACE_CYLINDER_BLOCK_p/m-6010-m50r.htm

Special casting of the Mustang GT 5.0L 4V Ti-VCT block with a number of changes to support higher horsepower engine builds
Water jacket has been changed to add more material to support the cylinder bores
The intake side of the bore at the deck surface includes a cast in brace to improve the strength of the cylinder wall and head gasket sealing

Low pressure cast 319 aluminum
Pressed-in thin-wall iron liners
92.2 mm bore size
Cross-bolted nodular iron main bearing caps
Block features 11mm cylinder head bolts
Block has provisions for engine oil squirters
Includes dowels and plugs

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
Anyone know the deal with this block?

COYOTE 5.0L ALUMINUM RACE CYLINDER BLOCK -- M-6010-M50R

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/COYOTE_5_0L_ALUMINUM_RACE_CYLINDER_BLOCK_p/m-6010-m50r.htm

Special casting of the Mustang GT 5.0L 4V Ti-VCT block with a number of changes to support higher horsepower engine builds
Water jacket has been changed to add more material to support the cylinder bores
The intake side of the bore at the deck surface includes a cast in brace to improve the strength of the cylinder wall and head gasket sealing

Low pressure cast 319 aluminum
Pressed-in thin-wall iron liners
92.2 mm bore size
Cross-bolted nodular iron main bearing caps
Block features 11mm cylinder head bolts
Block has provisions for engine oil squirters
Includes dowels and plugs

I called ford racing earlier this week, no ETA. They advised if wanting a solution now, to call Darton

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If you want a solution now you call MMR - lol . The MMR Pro Mod block has been around for almost 3 years now, it is the ONLY block on the market proven to handle over 2000HP. They are available from us as either a bare block or a shortblock or even a longblock. All factory parts bolt right on and they are available in a 5.0 or 5.2 liter configuration. This block holds the World record and also two national event wins by Hellion Turbo and Dan Hale.

Please let us know how we can help!

MMR
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com

Picture of MMR Pro Mod Vs stock block - notice the difference in the MMR custom sleeve vs the stock sleeve thickness.

MMR%20Coyote%20Pro%20mod%20block.jpg

stock%20coyote%20block.jpg

poof100

Established Member
I called ford racing earlier this week, no ETA. They advised if wanting a solution now, to call Darton

Darton FTW! Can't wait to see your beast with the new Turbos run! :D

Good luck with that wait from darton, unless they are caught up.

Yeah, it's a good wait. My Darton sleeved shortblock just got finished up this week. Will post up pics soon.

RGR can set you up with a Sleeved and Supported Block to handle anything you throw at it. Some other nice trick pieces too.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sounds like a long time to wait for something that has yet to be proven beyond 1500HP and costs more than the MMR set-up that is proven beyond 2000HP and takes just 4-6 weeks from ordering to time of completeion (actually installed in your block and ready to ship back). Dont get us wrong, the darton product is a decent product (we are one of the largest darton distributors) but the coyote darton sleeve in our professional opinion is nowhere near as nice as the MMR. Either way we offer both the MMR or Darton sleeves for those looking, we just have a hard time justifying a higher priced part that we feel is not as nice.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
My engine builder uses a local company for sleeves. He's also seen issues with the Sportsman block with the factory sleeves separating from the aluminum. The sleeves seem to be the weak link in the chain. When switching to an aftermarket sleeve the blocks have been standing up to some abuse. The FRPP big bore sleeve stands up pretty well on the Cobra Jet applications(Factory on the NA cars and some of the Blower cars have used the sleeves with their engine builders.) However FRPP has discontinued selling this sleeve. Livernois bought the last sleeves FRPP had in the warehouse.

MMR, Livernois, L&M, Holbrook and Bishchoff all offer a way to resleeve the block.

Bischoff is my engine builder and he custom orders everything he wants. Lead time is generally 3-4weeks from his supplier.

poof100

Established Member
My engine builder uses a local company for sleeves. He's also seen issues with the Sportsman block with the factory sleeves separating from the aluminum. The sleeves seem to be the weak link in the chain. When switching to an aftermarket sleeve the blocks have been standing up to some abuse. The FRPP big bore sleeve stands up pretty well on the Cobra Jet applications(Factory on the NA cars and some of the Blower cars have used the sleeves with their engine builders.) However FRPP has discontinued selling this sleeve. Livernois bought the last sleeves FRPP had in the warehouse.

MMR, Livernois, L&M, Holbrook and Bishchoff all offer a way to resleeve the block.

Bischoff is my engine builder and he custom orders everything he wants. Lead time is generally 3-4weeks from his supplier.

RGR also offers a Darton sleeved block option along with their custom block supports.

The sleeve that RGR uses is a custom sleeve from Darton. Top quality piece and a top notch engine option for those looking for a custom race motor.

Bud

Established Member
Darton FTW! Can't wait to see your beast with the new Turbos run! :D

My engine is headed over to MPR Racing Engines in Florida for some sleeves. He has done quite a few sleeve jobs as well. Soon we will see what more efficient turbos and big boost does in my setup :)

Wish I had some dough for fancy heads/cams but that'll have to wait for another year. I need to slow down on the cash outflow and save some upgrades for later down the road though so it works out. It is a bummer Ford didn't just come out with a cheap, strong, iron block that we could beat the crap out of and have it live. I'd take on some weight for cheap reliability.

Last edited:

poof100

Established Member
My engine is headed over to MPR Racing Engines in Florida for some sleeves. He has done quite a few sleeve jobs as well. Soon we will see what more efficient turbos and big boost does in my setup :)

Wish I had some dough for fancy heads/cams but that'll have to wait for another year. I need to slow down on the cash outflow and save some upgrades for later down the road though so it works out. It is a bummer Ford didn't just come out with a cheap, strong, iron block that we could beat the crap out of and have it live. I'd take on some weight for cheap reliability.

Awesome man, MPR is the real deal. Tim builds some killer engines!! Can't wait to see your new and improved setup, although with it already going 165 in the florida heat, hard to imagine how fast it's going now! :D

Bud

Established Member
Awesome man, MPR is the real deal. Tim builds some killer engines!! Can't wait to see your new and improved setup, although with it already going 165 in the florida heat, hard to imagine how fast it's going now! :D

When people will soon be coming out with full weight cars that will run close to the ET i'm at I had to do something to step up the game a little. Crazy what people are coming out with.

When does the CM car come out for it's first race?

Users who are viewing this thread