2013 Ford Mustang GT — Track Tested

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Review: 2013 Ford Mustang GT — Track Tested
"Two years ago, we met the five-liter Mustang at Summit Point’s Shenandoah course and pronounced it to be an outstanding track car with perhaps too emphatic a nod of the head to the bare-bones aesthetic. This year, we have a 2013-model five-liter with the same performance equipment but another eight thousand dollars’ worth of options and product improvements. Is this loaded Mustang GT worth considering as a trackday toy, or should you go straight to the Boss 302?"
full review - The Truth About Cars --- Review: 2013 Ford Mustang GT — Track Tested

great review, very informative and from someone who actually races race cars on race tracks in real races instead of writing with a chip on his shoulder just because he gets paid to drive cars.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Good read. Definitely comes off a bit biased and that the author had his mind made up before even hoping on the track though.

ViciousJay

Established Member
HA find me a Boss for 45K, go ahead mr writer, also i didnt pay nearly 42K for my fully loaded GT w/o navi.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
Biased Article said:
Maybe we think for a moment about how the 5.0 “Coyote” is just soooo much more satisfying than the GM LS engines. Why? It’s simple. The damn thing revs without complaint. It loves to rev. It’s like two Honda fours together. The Chevy small-block has never been an enthusiastic revver, even in LS6 or LS7 trim. Yes, it will rev, but the Coyote leaps for the redline where the GM loafs.

Biased Article said:
Turns 14, 15, and 16 are simply run straight by the curb-chomping Mustang. Again, this car is big and solid like a Panther and it accelerates like a NASA American Iron racer. Better stop the car a bit, managing the brakes, for Turn 17.

This, dear reader, is where you will miss your Civic.

First, what is this obsession with "revving"? Torque is what's fun. Not hearing an engine whine out.

Second this guy must have never driven a Corvette based LS3.

The author is a clown. With the exception of the comments about the transmission.

Last edited:

ctrlraven

The Birdman
Established Member
First, what is this obsession with "revving"? Torque is what's fun. Not hearing an engine whine out.

Second this guy must have never driven a Corvette based LS3.

The author is a clown. With the exception of the comments about the transmission.
:pop: :beer:

Davey

Established Member
HA find me a Boss for 45K, go ahead mr writer, also i didnt pay nearly 42K for my fully loaded GT w/o navi.

I'm not the author, but try Autotrader.com, there are hundreds of them for sale for MSRP, there are at least 2 or 3 within 75 miles of me.

Users who are viewing this thread