2013 Focus ST vs 2014 Camaro SS LS3

4Cyl_LOL

Seems like a good place to show off a Chevy kill. The tune is set for 27psi max but I held a steady 29.8psi during the whole two pulls. Turns out the Camaro has an OTS tune, not that it matters since we all know OTS is basically junk compared to a custom tune.

Focus:
GTX3076r@27psi flowing ~46lbs/min
3" turbo back exhaust to side exit
Aquamist HFS4v3 port injected WMI, spraying 100% water
E30(calculated mixture based on ethanol content, not "I'll just add xxxE85 and xxx93oct)
Denso ITV24's gapped to .027
Spec stg2, Spec LW aluminum flywheel
Two ham sandwiches and a fowty ownze :p

[video=youtube;xAyRAN283ag]http://youtu.be/xAyRAN283ag[/video]

Last edited:

john11gt

Established Member
The automatic Camaro SS comes with an L99, not an Ls3. Theres 30 hp difference and a big difference in performance.

Still a good kill, I've always like the ST's.

T.Man

Established Member
I'd expect a bit stronger of a pull for a GTX3076 at 30psi with ethanol and water injection? Nice ride either way man

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
The automatic Camaro SS comes with an L99, not an Ls3. Theres 30 hp difference and a big difference in performance.

Still a good kill, I've always like the ST's.

I'm sure with the tune it has picked that back up.

That's an awesome car OP. I love the way they look.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Good kill.

I had a run with a 5th gen Camaro this weekend too, not sure if I want to post the story or not.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
That's weird because he dyno'd at 372whp and that is consistent with the LS3 numbers i keep finding.

Stock for stock there is a difference in the numbers an auto (L99) puts down vs a manual (LS3)... On avg the L99 bone stock will dyno around the 320 RWHP range vs 360ish RWHP for the LS3...AFM/DOD sucks on these cars. However with good tuning/vvt changes that auto can pick up considerable power on L99. What all did he have done to the 5th gen? If I were unfortunate enough to own a 5th gen auto, I would delete AFM/DOD, run a VVT friendly camshaft, full boltons...World of difference

FWIW.. A good buddy has a 2014 auto with an SLP|TVS, with nothing else done other than blower and (SLP remote)tune the car was not even close to 500 RWHP. Think he landed in the 450ish range, if even that. With custom tune, full bolt-ons, ported stock heads, cam, AFM/DOD delete, bigger injectors, BAP etc the car is now around 630 RWHP

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
If all that L99 has is an axle back this isnt that impressive. Those things are pigs in stock form. Huge difference between that and an LS3 equipped 5th Gen.

Users who are viewing this thread