2013 Driveline Vibration with one piece aluminum driveshaft

crfblur

Established Member
In late November I installed a Ford Racing (Spicer) aluminum driveshaft on my 2013 Mustang. I have some suspension mods, primarily with Koni adjustable shocks, Maximum Motorsports 350# lowering springs, MM camber plates, and LCA relocation brackets. At the same time, I installed Barton shifter and Blowfish trans mount shifter bracket. I'm guessing the car is lowered about 1.5 inches.

I have a significant vibration at interstate speeds of 70-80 mph that I can feel in the floorboard and see in the steering wheel. It is not noticeable below 60 mph and does seem to change slightly if I am accelerating or decelerating. I think it is always present but simply gets to a resonant frequency between 70 - 80 mph. I have not clocked the driveshaft rear flange yet but I did line up the colored yellow dots (between DS flange and pinion yoke) with the original install.

I'm guessing my issue is pinon angle, but it could be an imbalance in the driveshaft? I dread fooling with the DS rear flange allen bolts again as I had to tighten with hand tools in my garage on jack stands but I will do whatever it takes. Thanks

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Yes at 1.5 inches lower the pinion angle needs to be set to -2. It will remove the vibration.

image_zpsbmp1qcsr.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread