2013 Deck lid panel

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
I recently did the 2013 rear conversion but decided not to add the black center piece between the tail lights. Now im looking to find one but the ford parts site is very difficult to figure out which part number i need. I plan to reuse my Faux gas cap with the panel so i dont want to purchase the emblem since ford wants over $250 for one. Does anyone have a part number for just the black panel part?

I was really wanting to put the RTR piece on the car then i found out you have to cut a 5 inch hole in the deck lid to make it work so screw that idea.

cobraboss

Established Member
I recently did the 2013 rear conversion but decided not to add the black center piece between the tail lights. Now im looking to find one but the ford parts site is very difficult to figure out which part number i need. I plan to reuse my Faux gas cap with the panel so i dont want to purchase the emblem since ford wants over $250 for one. Does anyone have a part number for just the black panel part?

I was really wanting to put the RTR piece on the car then i found out you have to cut a 5 inch hole in the deck lid to make it work so screw that idea.

Red, If you use the ford panel I believe you will also need a 13-14 decklid. The panel has clips on the backside to clip INTO the decklid.

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
The panel will fit. It just has to have the clips ground off. There is a write up on another site about how to do it.

BlueStarIV

Established Member
P/N DR3Z-63423A42-GA

One note...the rear emblem is part of the this panel. So you can't re-use your old trunk emblem unless you want to hack the heck out of the $300 deck
lid panel to remove the emblem that's already there.

I have one - but just never got around to putting it on my car.

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
I was under the impression that the emblem was held on like the previous years and can be removed.

BlueStarIV

Established Member
I was under the impression that the emblem was held on like the previous years and can be removed.

Nope it's part of the panel. You could remove it if you really wanted to...but you would have to widen the hole left behind to fit over your old emblem because the old emblem has an additional "ring" around it and who knows if it would sit right.

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
The old emblem is a two piece part. If you remove the emblem from the outside ring that sits on the decklid then its the same part thats on the black decklid panel. All the pictures ive seen of the back side of the 13 panel shows it attaching the same way. Hopefully im correct about this because the ford part is way to expensive. I may just have to do the RTR panel.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I just had one of these off a '13. The emblem is only sold with the whole panel. Can't get one without the other.

They'll fit the 10-12's no problem. You just have to grind all the tabs off like mentioned, and use double sided tape.

BlueStarIV

Established Member
The old emblem is a two piece part. If you remove the emblem from the outside ring that sits on the decklid then its the same part thats on the black decklid panel. All the pictures ive seen of the back side of the 13 panel shows it attaching the same way. Hopefully im correct about this because the ford part is way to expensive. I may just have to do the RTR panel.

You are right about that - I didn't realize that the outer piece could be removed from the old emblem. My bad. I could have saved myself some money...as you can often find "GT" or "V6" finish panels on Ebay near $100 that are take offs.

But I was just under the impression that you wanted to leave the original emblem where it is on your trunk and overlay the finish panel. That would be an issue.

I hope to get mine put on after the weather gets warm.

COBRA////

Established Member
I'm going to take my panel off and just remove the emblem.From what I understand you just have to heat up the back of the panel with a hair dryer or heat gun to remove the emblem.I bought my GT500 rear emblem off EBay.There is one on eBay right now for $100 plus $7 shipping.The emblem's are applied by 2 sided tape.So it should come off fairly easy.

Users who are viewing this thread