2013 Cobra jet 6.02

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
LOL @ the comments on you tube. The two my dealer ordered are due to be dropped off this Friday!:banana::banana::banana:

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Oh HELL yeah - 9.4 @ 146 out of the box. I don't expect the 2014s will be any slower than the 2013s, either...

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Treynor didnt you get a Super Cobra Jet?

This vid is the regular Cobra Jet and by the sound its not even a modular engine?

I don't have to specify yet, and of course I'm going to get the fastest version they make for 2014 :-D

For 2013 they made two variants, a N/A and a S/C car. The video is of the S/C car as it's delivered. Everyone's hinting that there's plenty of potential in the car if you want to lighten it (dual lead acid batteries??), swap superchargers, etc. So we'll see :)

Here's a vid which goes into a bit more detail about that car and that pass: Up Close Look At The 2013 Cobra Jet (ADRL) - YouTube

Rick88LX

Established Member
Treynor didnt you get a Super Cobra Jet?

This vid is the regular Cobra Jet and by the sound its not even a modular engine?

All 2013s are modular...and they all have been since 2008.

The ordering system didn't even open for 2014s yet. And all the 2013s haven't even been delivered yet. I personally had contact with two of them last Friday.

61mmstang94

Established Member
Because the 5.8 wasn't available when the Cobra Jet engine program was kicked off...and the 5.4 was going away.

No harm in that, the 5.0 is so sick with boost so there's nothing bad about it. I say 146-mph quarter without anything changed is insane. Sould be able to get 160s from it with some changes.

Users who are viewing this thread