2013 Charger SRT8 vs 2015 Charger Scat Pack

blinelaxd27

Established Member
Hey guys,

Have a small dilemma that I am trying to work through.

I can get a 2013 SRT8 with 20k on it for 30k or a 2015 Scat Pack for 36k also with 20k.

SRT8 has the adjustable suspension and full leather interior but the Scat Pack has the newer exterior which I am indifferent too I like both the old and new one. it also has a the newer interior but most importantly the 8spd trans vs SRT8 5spd but no adjustable suspension.

From those who have owned either or both any thoughts? The 15+ SRT is not an option as those are 42k+

CGLhawk260

Established Member
If they both cost 20k I would go with the 8 speed 2015. I have a 2015 Charger R/T Hemi 8 auto and love it.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
there is NO comparisons between the 2. the Nag1 is by far the worst auto trans i have ever driven. The 8spd on the other hand was the best auto trans i have driven.

Branhammer

Established Member
Scat Pack. Of course I'd take a Scat Pack over any other Charger/Challenger INCLUDING the Hellcat just for the pure value of it.

blinelaxd27

Established Member
I was leaning towards the scat pack as well but wanted to get the opinions on the suspension differences. If great leases don't come up in the next few months i'll buy a used 15/16.

Black2010

Established Member
I'd go 15 as well as the 5 speed is horrible. I'm not nearly as big of a fan of the 8 speed as the others here but it is a big improvement over the previous transmission. I would try to negotiate a bit on the price as $36K is right at average retail for one.

Bonus on the 15 though should be that it would still be under factory warranty.

08mojo

Established Member
Having a '16 SRT with adjustable suspension, it's a bit overrated. Take a look at the cost to replace (and the frequency of failures reported) an electronically controlled damper and it might make your decision easier. Go for the scat pack.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
For the transmission alone the 15 is the winner.

Those scat pack Chargers are hard to find though.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
15 not question.

there is NO comparisons between the 2. the Nag1 is by far the worst auto trans i have ever driven. The 8spd on the other hand was the best auto trans i have driven.
What? This transmission is worlds better than what was in my Mustang.

earl lee

Established Member
The Nag1 is basically the old MB 5 speed auto. Nothing wrong with it other than the fact it is older then the Model T. That tranny powered alot of cars including the Triptonic 911's in the 2000's. Its a reliable tranny and can handle power, its time has just passed though.

Oh and id get the scat pack as well, electronic adjuster shocks on anything scare me. Even the mangetic ride on the GM's cost money to replace when they go bad.

Users who are viewing this thread