2013 Bullrun Rally - 10th anniversary

sportscars

Mustangr Event Organizer
Established Member
As some of you know, I am participating in this years Bullrun Rally from Montreal to New Orleans! While I had wanted to use a Shelby, mine was not ready and getting a "loaner" did not come to fruition. Fear not however as I did procure another Ford SVT product - a 2012 Ford Raptor. The Rally starts June 1st, ends on June 7th and covers about 3000 miles! Everyday we will get a destination card that tells us where our next stop is - could be a lunch stop, a track event or our final destination for the day. We than have to get there as "efficiently" as possible. The Raptor is equipped with two radar detectors, a laser jammer, two GPS units, a police scanner, a UHF/VHF radio, a mobile hotspot, assorted laptops and tablets and more. The truck has received a few modifications to make for better on-road travel. While there are some disadvantages to using a Raptor, there are some big advantages as well - mainly that we do not stick out like a sore thumb like the Ferrari's, Lambos, Porsche's, etc.

I encourage my Ford friends and family to follow us daily. For those that have Facebook you can follow the action on the SMC Events or Squating Dog Racing FB pages. Twitter updates @SMCEvents. And we will try to do some daily live streaming on USTREAM - You're On - Broadcast Live Streaming Video, Watch Online Events, Chat Live, send a Tweet, follow on Facebook, MySpace, record your Live Shows

Team Squating Dog Racing is proudly sponsored by: SMC Events, Roush Performance, Icon Vehicle Dynamics, Raptor Retrofit, Ford Raptor Forum, Ken Strong Photography, Synthetic Motorsports, White Star Industries,
The Car Stereo Company, Whelen and SVTOA!

Individual sponsorships are available for just $50. Have your name, your kids name or a friends name on our Bullrun Raptor for the whole world to see! Contact me ASAP (this week) for more information!

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
The Raptor is equipped with two radar detectors, a laser jammer, two GPS units, a police scanner, a UHF/VHF radio, a mobile hotspot, assorted laptops and tablets and more.

Will this be your first time EVER on a public road??? It's not that bad, all you need is an iPhone. Not even James Bond had that much useless shit in his Aston's…

Good luck, scary world… Lol.. :beer:

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
There will be a lot of stupid people in very flashy cars on the rally----you'll be fine.

sportscars

Mustangr Event Organizer
Established Member
Will this be your first time EVER on a public road??? It's not that bad, all you need is an iPhone. Not even James Bond had that much useless shit in his Aston's…

Good luck, scary world… Lol.. :beer:

Scary? No. Competitive? Yes!

7 days and 3000 miles at 100+ mph to a different destination every day where fastest time wins and you'd run with just an iPhone? Uh, Okay. :kaboom:

James Bond has nothing on this Raptor at least in Bullrun trim...

Currently installed in Raptor there is 4-110volt, 4-12volt & 8 USB ports..

This allows us to run 2 laptops, scanner, base and mobile vhf radios, 2 garmins, 3 external gps antennas, charge iphone, android phone, gopro camera, contour camera in the truck. Air compressor, 40,000+ lumens of lighting, Makita drill and Snap-On impact driver.

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
Scary? No. Competitive? Yes!

7 days and 3000 miles at 100+ mph to a different destination every day where fastest time wins and you'd run with just an iPhone? Uh, Okay. :kaboom:

James Bond has nothing on this Raptor at least in Bullrun trim...

Currently installed in Raptor there is 4-110volt, 4-12volt & 8 USB ports..

This allows us to run 2 laptops, scanner, base and mobile vhf radios, 2 garmins, 3 external gps antennas, charge iphone, android phone, gopro camera, contour camera in the truck. Air compressor, 40,000+ lumens of lighting, Makita drill and Snap-On impact driver.

Competitive?? In a gas guzzling pig Raptor?? It wouldn't surprise me if you finished behind a FIAT 500… You almost forgot to mention the 6 spare tires and extra 6.2L longblock in the bed, just for good measure…

hilarious_zpscc80a3b1.gif

"All right guys lets roll out, I think we have it covered"
null_zpsf39b298a.gif

Regardless of the SLIGHT overkill, have fun man…

:-D

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
While the Raptor may not be all that practical, it sounds like a blast and I wouldn't want to do it any other way. It doesn't hurt to be over-prepared either.

I know Greg has been deeply wrapped up in this. Best of luck to you both!

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
Competitive?? In a gas guzzling pig Raptor?? It wouldn't surprise me if you finished behind a FIAT 500… You almost forgot to mention the 6 spare tires and extra 6.2L longblock in the bed, just for good measure…

null_zpsf39b298a.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like fun though, wish you could of took the shelby.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

null_zpsf39b298a.gif

Its not a street race, its a rally. Who do you think they are going to stop, a RED Ferrari or a Raptor?

I'd love to do this. How much is it to enter? Details?

Entrance fee is $20k, I know of someone who is offering it for less then that to run in the Rally. PM me and I can forward you his email.

sportscars

Mustangr Event Organizer
Established Member

null_zpsf39b298a.gif

You think a V12 running at 120 mph is going to get BETTER gas mileage than us? :nono:

We will actually be slightly under equipped based of what most of the other teams are running - including military Barrage jammers which jam UHF, VHF, cell, GPS, etc.

Remember the story of the tortise and the hare? Slow and steady wins the race! Regardless of where we finish it will be an epic experience!!! :beer:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
You think a V12 running at 120 mph is going to get BETTER gas mileage than us? :nono:

We will actually be slightly under equipped based of what most of the other teams are running - including military Barrage jammers which jam UHF, VHF, cell, GPS, etc.

Remember the story of the tortise and the hare? Slow and steady wins the race! Regardless of where we finish it will be an epic experience!!! :beer:

That is what I was thinking.

Good luck! take pictures!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Done a few rally's myself. They sure are fun!

Looking forward to seeing your updates

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Entrance fee is $20k, I know of someone who is offering it for less then that to run in the Rally. PM me and I can forward you his email.

Lol, even if I was the lucky sob that just hit the powerball I would not spend 20k for something like this. insane. But take pics we'll enjoy them!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread