2013 Boss or 2014 Loaded-track/elect pack?

768MPH

Established Member
Im in a position where Im able to purchase a 2013 BOSS or 2014 GT with track pack/recaro/nav for the same price?

BOSS is preowned and several choices of 2014 GT with those options available.

Is the Boss really "worth" having compared to the GT?

This will strictly be a DD/weekend "warrior" for me. I did a search and cant seem to find the exact thread with answers Im looking for. :shrug:

Thank you all for your input.

Masheen365

Established Member
If I could do it again I would have gone BOSS. That way when I supercharge it down the road I won't need to worry about internals holding me back, just one less thing to worry about. Plus the cool factor.

You don't really need all the electronics they offer. Just for reference I have a 13 Premium with comfort package.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Get the Boss. It will holds it's value better as well as drive just a tad bit more fun. Plus it's nostalgia. People will recognize a Boss over a GT.

BV600

Established Member
Boss has a better motor

They both have different power bands. Boss will be worth more later down the road since its a two year run

'14 Shelby

Established Member
I suppose it depends on what your intention is for the car? I love my options, glass roof, leather Recaros, but with my power adder(s), I want to upgrade the internals. If you're not planning on doing that than a GT is plenty, but if you are then the Boss is the way to go. Not to mention what others have said about it being a two year run and more nostalgic.

gatty1303

Established Member
Boss. I bought brand new 2013 GT and within a year I was in a Boss. Like stated before, better motor, limited production, better value down the road.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Boss as much as it pains me to say. But there is nothing wrong with the GT track pack with recaros and whatnot. You are in a win-win situation.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
If you aren't using it everyday, why buy the everyday amenities?

I wish I bought a Boss though, just for the internals. I DD my car and I would have still gotten the boss. Or a black Laguna seca haha $$$

768MPH

Established Member
This is will be my everyday DD.

I like the boss due to the basic inside for which I can add my own stereo/system Upgrades (sound deaden) etc
Built great all around mechanically. Will I go boost in future? No, most likely not.

The GT has everything already and I can get the color I want.

I don't like to blend in but don't like to stand out either. Of that makes sense
I wish they made the Boss in black besides the LS version.
Can't justify spending $50K on a "base" Mustang. IMO

768MPH

Established Member
Also, can't a GT with basic bolt ons/tune and springs "out perform" the boss?

Not trying to start a debate, just from the research I've been doing lately.

I've been out of the Mustang world since my 03 Mach 1 and when the Terminators were ruling the streets. :D

nosscort

Established Member
Boss... better motor, better suspension, better future value, better wow factor.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I personally would try and find a SBY Boss 302, non-LS model. That color isn't available on the GTs, but it also doesn't stand out like GHIG does.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member

I've been out of the Mustang world since my 03 Mach 1 and when the Terminators were ruling the streets. :D
Yes, but a basic bolt-on Boss will be faster than a basic bolt-on GT. :rolling:

_Snake_

Established Member
I was in the exact same situation as you last month, right down to how often I planned on driving the car. I ended up with a 2013 Boss and wouldn't change a thing.

One thing to consider - that 2014 GT will likely be worth less than the Boss as soon as you drive it off the lot.

devildog1679

Established Member

Yes, my neighbor ran his Boss and my GT with suspension upgrades at Road America and he posted .3 sec faster laptime in my GT. He used Harrys Laptimer for telemetry and you can see that my GT was faster in the corner and had higher exit speed. The Boss caught up on the long three straights except it lost some ground on the uphill going into the front straight probably due to lower torque. So based on bang for your buck I would agree but based on coolness factor I say the Boss nails it. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Last edited:

86Fbody

Established Member
I think it depends on what you want to do and how much each is. If I could do it over again I would get a GT and with the money I saved make the GT much faster around a track than a Boss. The Boss is lighter and does have a better motor but I wouldn't say it is better by the price you pay, you can always buy better forged internals.

Users who are viewing this thread