2013 boss hood stripe

fredfred

Established Member
Well I was washing my Boss yesterday. To my supprise the large stripe on the hood has bubbles under it. I have been the only one washing it and have always done it by hand. I am so bumed.:??::??:
I will be getting with Ford in the morning about getting it replaced.. My car has about 1,950 miles on it.
Has anyone else has this problem??

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
I've heard alot and even seen it on the 13's. The issue is the stuff ford is using isn't the best quality. I've heard there is a guy who makes them that don't do this but i don't have his information.

cbj5259

Established Member
I had a bubble or two in my stripes that I discovered a few weeks after I bought the car last summer. I'm not sure if it was due to heat or whatnot...but after a few months the bubbles disappeared.

Sent from my sharona

mufflerbearing

Established Member
This happens a lot when the paint is still gassing off when new and vinyl is applied. I just take a needle and poke a tiny hole in the bubble and let the air out. It lays flat and the hole will not be seen. My graphics guys want anything I paint to sit almost 2 weeks to let e paint gas off. Never had a problem after that. A new car doesn't have that option. Maybe that is why the graphics were delivered in the trunk to a dealer and they had to put them on.

dc3843

Established Member
I had a TON of bubbles when I bought mine. Posted about it on the 302 forums. But mine are all gone away. The summer heat will help it out.

fredfred

Established Member
When I got to work I checked on parts avalibilty and no part numbers yet for the new stripes. I also have my stripe on the right side was cut shorter than the left side. Still waiting on that part number to get it ordered. Hopefully the bubbles will disappear when it gets hot. I never had an issue with the stripes on the Mach 1.

fredfred

Established Member
well I found some bubbles in the pass side stripe!!! WTF... One the bubbles on the hood split.. Ford still has not released all of the part Numbers. I finally got the side stripe in. Now to wait and get the other stripes odered when the part numbers get released..

Tank5879

Established Member
The part numbers are in the ford catalog, barring a back order or supplier issue, they should be available.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
parts are available. i had to buy a new fender piece ($280) damage to it was my fault. My hood took a rock or something that cracked one of the stripes and now it's peeling and crap is getting under it. will try to warranty that one hood stripes are ~$500.

fredfred

Established Member
Well to my supprise my parts guy put me together. for about 2 weeks he had gotten them ordered and they came in this morning. Called Albert a graphics perfessional. He came by this afternoon and installed them. My stripes are all in good shape. Now I guess I need to hook uo my parts guy..:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread