2013 Boss 302S (off-road/track use only)

SVT-COBRA

Established Member
Yhe dealer from which I recently purchased my 2013 Shelby just got in a 2013 Boss 302S. This car is not street legal. It is a race car. There are only 50 of them made (this is 9 of 50). It is the upgraded version that stickers for 89k. There is an ADM on it, so they are looking for 100k for this car. Below are some pictures of it. If you are interested in buying it, you can PM me and I will get you the dealers contact info. I know there aren't too many people out there looking for a car like this, but either way it's a pretty cool car. I thought the members here would like to see it.

EDIT 12/29/12: The dealer lowered the price for this car to $91,500.

Last edited:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
there's no reason to buy that car from a dealer. call rehagen racing and there are no amd's. nobody that races and tracks these cars buys them from a dealer...thaat i know of.

boss 302 fr comes in two forms S and R. S is the world challenge spec car. R is the Grand Am spec car.

Last edited:

SVT-COBRA

Established Member
I like it.

$100k is steep though.

Yeah, that is a lot of money, but a collector or someone that races these might buy one (even with the ADM). Since there are only 50 of them, collectors might buy to sit on them. If I had that kind of money to burn, I would like one.

there's no reason to buy that car from a dealer. call rehagen racing and there are no amd's. nobody that races and tracks these cars buys them from a dealer...thaat i know of.

boss 302 fr comes in two forms S and R. S is the world challenge spec car. R is the Grand Am spec car.

That could be the case, but considering that there are only 50 of these made, I am not sure how many Rehagen Racing might have available. Eventually they will all be sold and for those that race or track them, their only choice might be to buy one from a dealer. Due to the exclusivity of these cars someone (a collector) would probably pay an ADM to get one if supply runs short. Either way, I was just posting what I was told by the dealer in case anyone knew someone looking for one. I don't know much about these cars, but I thought it was cool and wanted to share it with Boss 302 enthusiasts. I don't know if it is common to pay an ADM or not, but the dealership apparently thinks it is worth it.

JohnW#88

Established Member
My buddy at my local Ford dealer looked in to one for me. The $89K is serious coin but it's one super rare, collectable, factory racecar. Since they only had a handful of white shells still to be made (SBY was all sold out), I decided to do something else.

Interesting thing I was told about a dealer purchase, the car is purchased through parts and would have to be paid in full by the dealer just like a set of wheels or a crate engine. The dealer is out $84-89k as soon as the car arrives- they're not able to make a monthy nut until the car sells. Big gamble for a Mom and Pop dealer.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
That could be the case, but considering that there are only 50 of these made, I am not sure how many Rehagen Racing might have available. Eventually they will all be sold and for those that race or track them, their only choice might be to buy one from a dealer. Due to the exclusivity of these cars someone (a collector) would probably pay an ADM to get one if supply runs short. Either way, I was just posting what I was told by the dealer in case anyone knew someone looking for one. I don't know much about these cars, but I thought it was cool and wanted to share it with Boss 302 enthusiasts. I don't know if it is common to pay an ADM or not, but the dealership apparently thinks it is worth it.

understand how small the market is for these cars and how they dont hold their value. they do sell them all, but thats only after they tried to sell 75 of the FR500S for $79k and couldnt sell them all. those cars as used race cars are selling for $25k

jack roush, sr. yes, him. has a never race fr500c like what i have. his car sold originally for $129k. he wants $70k for it now and its been for sale for over a year. i bought my car last february with one race on it for low 30's.

racers dont waste money on adm's. rehagen finishes all those cars and can sell them direct.

smitty328

Established Member
I bought mine from Rehagen last year, no ADM. That dealer will probably end up selling it for less than MSRP. Btw, for the 50 last year, only 31 were built. I think they are building all 50 this year.

mufflerbearing

Established Member
What an amazing car. I run an FR500s and my buddy has the Boss 302s. They are both great to drive. We ran the Boss at the 8 hour enduro in Portland October 20th and won class and overall by 6 laps. It was a blast running it in the rain!

It is nothing like the road car version. It is all race car.

SVT-COBRA

Established Member
I was at the dealership yesterday and they lowered the price on this car to $91,500 in case anyone was interested. They also said since it is not assigned a VIN like a street legal car, it is eligible for 3.5% sales tax for NJ residents.

Users who are viewing this thread