2013 Boss 302?

fast4v

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm coming up on a year with my boss and I'm starting to get the mod itch.
Car currently has 800 miles and a few suspension mods.
My question is should I hold off until I put a few more miles, should I keep it stock it being a LS, should I mod the hell out of it.
Car probably see a few track days, mostly street driven
What are your thoughts

ThanksJoe

Rebel302

Established Member
I say do what you want....it's yours. Just make sure you plan it out so you don't spend money twice. ENJOY YOUR RIDE!!!

darreng505

Established Member
Only make mods after you experience a need for it. Don't just put mods on for the heck of it - have a purpose in mind.

ace72ace

Egi Actum
Established Member
Mild mods are hood struts, Cooltech sound tube delete kit, upgraded axle backs. I went with GT500s, others have thought Borla, Corsa, and other brands that cost more than twice 500s are worth it, I'm happy with my choice.

You can also pull out the restrictor plates in the side exhaust pipes. I got some 3/4 plates for mine as recommended by the 2012 owners (I have a 2013), but will pull my plates this spring after my Boss comes out of hibernation.

I also have an MGW shifter and DSS alum. shaft, and stainless brake lines with ATE Blue fluid, so when I start to hit the track, I just need a set of track tires, upgrade brake pads, harness, and helmet.

LostPony

Established Member
Only make mods after you experience a need for it. Don't just put mods on for the heck of it - have a purpose in mind.

I agree with this^^^ I would also make sure to save all the OE stuff so you can return it to stock if you decide to sell the car some day. It will be worth more that way, and you can get more by selling the modified components separate. I also would not do anything that could not be reversed easily. In other words, nothing that would require cutting up or welding on to the car.

ace72ace

Egi Actum
Established Member
What he said. I have all of the original bits stored away, and had my handyman build me a crate to store the OEM drive shaft. Also bought GT premium door panels for my audio upgrade, would never cut the stock panels.

fast4v

Established Member
Take the baffles out and tint the windows. Done.
Windows will be tinted in a few week and baffles been out since day one

I say do what you want....it's yours. Just make sure you plan it out so you don't spend money twice. ENJOY YOUR RIDE!!!
10-4 been there done that

What he said. I have all of the original bits stored away, and had my handyman build me a crate to store the OEM drive shaft. Also bought GT premium door panels for my audio upgrade, would never cut the stock panels.
always keep my stock parts

drive it more.
LOL...that would be a good idea. just don't have the time with 2 little ones

Mild mods are hood struts, Cooltech sound tube delete kit, upgraded axle backs. I went with GT500s, others have thought Borla, Corsa, and other brands that cost more than twice 500s are worth it, I'm happy with my choice.

You can also pull out the restrictor plates in the side exhaust pipes. I got some 3/4 plates for mine as recommended by the 2012 owners (I have a 2013), but will pull my plates this spring after my Boss comes out of hibernation.

I also have an MGW shifter and DSS alum. shaft, and stainless brake lines with ATE Blue fluid, so when I start to hit the track, I just need a set of track tires, upgrade brake pads, harness, and helmet.
How do you like your DSS. Thats definitely one mod i will be looking into

I guess I'm just looking for a little more power out of the car
Still need to finish my suspension set, then ill start looking into a CAI, Exhaust, Driveshaft and a tune, that may cure the mod bug

Thanks guys!!

Users who are viewing this thread