2013 BOSS 302 production?

digalow

Established Member
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and had some questions about the BOSS 302's production. My wife and I are currently trying to find and purchase our first home. We have been looking for a while now and have had no luck on our attempts to purchase. I'm hoping to get in a house by the end of this year. If that happens, I want to purchase a BOSS around January or February of 2013(I already got the wife's approval:banana:, but it has to Race Red or Grabber Blue). So my questions for SVTP is will the BOSS still be available for order then? Do you guys/girls think I will have a hard time finding one? How many does Ford plan on building?

Thanks

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Production should end in December or early January so you won't be able to order one. There should be plenty on the lots which is probably a better, or at least less frustrating, way to go. Good luck with with the house and car purchases!

digalow

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the stars align. I love the look of these cars and from everything I've read about how they drive makes them so enticing. How do you like yours?

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I like it a lot. It's a lot of car for the money and very fast on a road course. You read a lot about how well balanced the car is and it is that. Here's a couple of photos from Laguna Seca this past weekend.

M4DW9661.jpg

_W1D8478.jpg

digalow

Established Member
Those are awesome photos and looks like an amazing time. How did you get involve in road racing? How often do you race? I see you are from Nor Cal, so am I.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Thanks. That's not racing it's a HDPE track day and a great way to get your car out on the track. I'm planning 6-8 track days a year. I'm in the Sacramento area where are you?

digalow

Established Member
I'm in the East Bay. I work in SF. The one thing I've noticed about the BOSS and one of the best parts is the rarity of this model. Living in the Bay Area and working in the city I can honestly say I've seen three times as many Ferraris than I have the BOSS since they've been on the streets.

Unrealford

Established Member
I have a Kona Blue Boss, I dont understand why anyone is concerned about ordering them? Just find one exactly what color you wanted and buy one, next December there will still be many around.
They basically have Torsen or dont, They really dont have options besides like Floormats, car cover and Recaros,
I didnt order, I knew I wanted one and looked locally and just went over there and bought it, all within 5 hrs , why order and wait?

Last edited:

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
I have a Kona Blue Boss, I dont understand why anyone is concerned about ordering them? Just find one exactly what color you wanted and buy one, next December there will still be many around.
They basically have Torsen or dont, They really dont have options besides like Floormats, car cover and Recaros,
I didnt order, I knew I wanted one and looked locally and just went over there and bought it, all within 5 hrs , why order and wait?

I agree with Unrealford, I'm to impatient to wait for a car to be delivered. When I get something in my head, I want it then. These are low option cars and most dealers do select the three different options when they order. Sounds like you already know what colors you want, just start looking when it's time.

Good luck on the house and car purchase.

Jason

digalow

Established Member
I also would rather find the one I want in stock at a dealership, but I have never bought a car that was limited in production so I was just curious about the best way to go about it.
Thanks for the responses. How do you guys(Unrealford and JSkwarek) like your cars?

Last edited:

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
I also would rather find the one I want in stock at a dealership, but I have never bought a car that was limited in production so I was just curious about the best way to go about it.
Thanks for the responses. How do you guys(Unrealford and JSkwarek) like your cars?

As you can see from my sig, this isn't my first Mustang but I have to say it's been my favorite (NOTE: I've only been driving it for about 45 days).

I've spent a lot of money on past Mustangs to make them feel like this one does right out of the box. It's simply a fun car to drive and puts a smile on my face every time I get out in it. For me, it came down to a '12 GT500 or a '12 Boss. My last GT500 was so nose heavy and felt so fat that I didn't hang on to it long. I went and test drove the Boss and was hooked in the first few minutes. The power is there and the handling is superb.

My opinions are purely from a street performance point of view. I don't make it to 1/4 mile or twisty tracks as much as I'd like so I tend to lean more towards street light to street light and around town performance and handling because that's what I'll see the most of now a days.

Jason

digalow

Established Member
@JSkwarek - I've never owned a mustang or any muscle car for that matter before. My dad bought 99 Camaro SS brand new when I was in high school(he still has it). He taught me how to drive a stick on that car. My brother owned a 87 Grand National until it was stolen. So I have been around muscle cars for awhile now, but never had the means to buy one. Basically I want the car to go on weekend cruises with my wife(mostly backroads) and the BOSS sounds perfect for that.

Tank5879

Established Member
I agree with JS. I felt like I was constantly tinkering with my terminator and was always trying to make myself happy with it. This boss is the first mustang I've had that I just want to drive! As for finding one, it can be tricky because most dealers only are getting one, and some dealers will try to get over sticker for them, but cars.com and autotrader help with locating them and then you can go from there.

svt1111

Established Member
I've had a few Mustangs as well. I agree with what the others have said. This Mustang is so good out of the box, that the temptation ( at least for me) to mod the crap out of it is just not there. This is the longest time period (6 months) I've ever owned a stock Mustang for ( I don't count GT500 mufflers as a mod).

They are nicely balanced, and the motor sounds fantastic. Just a fun car to drive. I use mine for road racing, drag racing, and date nights with my wife. The car can do it all, and when you aren't hammering it, it actually sips fuel! Highly recommend the Boss 302.

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Digalow, I'm going to switch it up a little bit. If this is your first "hotrod", then I'd almost lean you more towards the GT and saving some money. While the Boss is better in every way, it might be a waste of money to get the added bump in performance. I'm not sure you'd benefit from the added cost, like those of us that seem to have collected Mustangs over the years.

Hell, even the V6 Mustang is 300HP. For comparison, your dads SS was rated at 320HP and that GN was in the 275HP range.

As car enthusiasts, we're living in the good days right now. To be able to spend as little as $22K and get a 300HP Mustang with all the bells and whistles that you'd want is a pretty cool thing.

Just something else to think about.

Jason

digalow

Established Member
Thanks everybody for your replies. JSkwarek, I have been thinking about the GT as well and do like the price point for what you get. The V6 is not an option for me, my wife does't want a V6 either. I really like that you don't see a BOSS on a daily or even a monthly basis. Which to me right there is worth the cost, let alone the performance upgrades. On the other hand I might have to go the GT route depending on what we spend on a house.

Last edited:

Unrealford

Established Member
I agree on the GT, Boss is a great car and I absolutely love it.
I had a 04 Mach1 that I loved but it was fun to drive and I was really into detailing it and washing it. The weird thing about my Boss is I have no desire to keep it all pretty I have this desire to drive it and drive it. Its so fun to drive.
I originally was going to buy a GT500 left over but dealers woulndt give me A plan even though Ford allowed it, But its up to the dealer to offer.
So I went and bought the Boss and I am real glad I did.
The new GT is 420hp so youll still have great power , but with GT you can really customize it alot more .
The only thing Ive done to my Boss is MGW shifter and a Steeda UCA for drag racing. Id love to road race it but I dont think I could afford the tires to replace and still kinda afraid of the chips you get from Road Racing.
457361_3271342308980_1430064261_37075889_779270724_o.jpg

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
I bought my Race Red 12 in Feb of this year. The time was just right as dealers were starting to remove the ridiculous markup. I actually got mine for 3G under.
Good luck

digalow

Established Member
Can anyone tell me the tire size and brand on a GT with the track pack and the BOSS? I've gone through several articles and Ford's website but have yet to see specs on this. Maybe I'm missing it?

LindsayEOD

Established Member
can anyone tell me the tire size and brand on a gt with the track pack and the boss? I've gone through several articles and ford's website but have yet to see specs on this. Maybe i'm missing it?

255/40/19 GT with brembo's
255/40/19f 285/35/19r Boss

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread