2013 Boss 302 @ PBIR video

isrboss

Established Member
First time out to Palm Beach International Raceway. I had some braking issues due to a poor recommendation from a Performance Friction field rep. All and all I had a great time just had to brake earlier than I should have. Pay attention to the Cayman S that gets on track at lap 6. If you watch my mirrors you can see him. The only areas I could match him was through turn 1-3 and the back and front straights, the rest of the track was all his. I could not believe how fast the Cayman S was on the straights.

2013 Boss 302 @ PBIR - YouTube

isrboss

Established Member
Not entirely meant for the track but the HP+ are awesome IMO.
Well considering the oem pads did fairly well for me except for the fact that they just disintegrate after one and a half track days. I talked to a Performance Friction rep. about getting a pad that holds up better that I can drive to the track on. That rep told me that the z rated would do much better than the oem ferodo pads. Considering the cost, accessibility and recommendation of the z rated I tried them, lesson learned.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Good stuff... What club are you with? I have wanted to get out on track with the Boss but have two small kids that seem to keep me busy. Eventually I'll get out there...

isrboss

Established Member

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Thanks RacerX, I suggest joining this meetup group High Performance Driving Club of Florida - TrackWeekend.com (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - Meetup I may be looking to do one more track day this year, let me know if you decide to go.

Thanks... The other issue I have is I am a small business owner and saturdays are my busiest days of the week.... So Sunday events are the only way for me. I checked out your link and saw all the track dates were on sat. I have done some NASA events in the past as they usually do two day events that include sun. I'll get out there eventually....:rockon:

isrboss

Established Member
Keep an eye out for PBOC events as well, I just did a Sebring event with them, and it was all weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread