2013 Boss 302 @ Homestead video

isrboss

Established Member
Second time at Homestead, was running over 3 seconds faster after setting the front sway bar one stiffer. I was pretty loose there last time and coming off the back straight into 10 was scary. Getting through there faster helped drop my lap times. Oem pads and re-11 tires advanced trac on. You'll see me have a tank slapper going into 2, my handling became unpredictable and later found to be loose front sway bar endlinks.

2013 Boss 302 @ Homestead

Last edited:

86Fbody

Established Member
Just saw you said Advanced Trac on, unless you really don't trust your ability I would at least go with Sport mode so that the traction control doesn't do something silly while you're on track.

isrboss

Established Member
Just saw you said Advanced Trac on, unless you really don't trust your ability I would at least go with Sport mode so that the traction control doesn't do something silly while you're on track.

It was in sport mode, and yes I worry about my right foot out there all the time.:rolling: Tracks like Sebring you need to eliminate it all. The long sweeping turns make stability nanny scary.

isrboss

Established Member
Sounding good, stock exhaust?
Nice driving. Which shifter are you using? Other mods?

Thanks for the comments.
Exhaust is FRPP xpipe and slp loudmouth muffler deletes.

Factory shifter, so far I have been blessed with a fault free trans.:rockon: I'll miss maybe one shift an event, but it is due to me either lazy shifting or just being to eager.

As for other mods, Eibach Pro street s coilovers for 05-09, GT500 uppers, -1.8 frnt camber, 285-35/19 re11's on all corners, adjustable front 05-09 sway(set second from softest), 2011 oem rear sway (24mm), FRPP relocation brackets & 302R LCA's, BMR panhard/brace, ATE dot4 brake fluid, FRPP brake cooling ducts, Shelby trans cooling scoop, K&N drop in af, Trackey.

Edit:
I also wanted to say, that as far as using sport mode stability on track. After setting my front sway stiffer and getting rid of the loose balance I had prior. My stability hardly kicks in, at Sebring last time I used it in the first session and didn't notice it kicking in while in turn 6, like it did before. Is this 100% because I tightened the balance, or is it possible the system also learns the driver?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread