2013 Boss 302 Drag Strip First Time.

2745 Boss 302

Established Member
Went to heartland park last night ran a 12.9 at 112 mph. Only mods done are cold air intake and baffles removed factory tune M&H Drag Radials. Could have ran better with lca's and warmer temperature. Does not help when it is 48 degress hooking took little burn out for it to work.

Punisher1401

Established Member
What was your 60? Would have thought with tune and drag radials it would have run a little better

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I didn't realize HP was still open! Maybe I'll make a run out next Friday if I have nothing going on.

ExTurbo

Established Member
cold air is usually what you want for racing, just get some heat in the tires. dunno what your track looks like if its prepped or uphill, but with radials id expect a little quicker. seat time will help for sure.

2745 Boss 302

Established Member
It was not prepped will at all people were having to do long burnouts. I will definitely get more seat time and going to be doing some lowering springs, lca's,. 60 foot was 2.1 not good at all. My goal is 1.6 60 foot.

Davemcc

Established Member
You are not alone. I took mine to Milan a couple of weeks ago but was too embarrassed to post the results anywhere. I ran a best of 13.07 @ 110, 2.08 60ft. Mine is stock except for an MGW shifter. Stock tires, air filter and exhaust baffles still in. I soooo wanted to break into the 12's my first time out with the Boss but I messed up just about every run...short shifted, hit rev limiter (sometimes more than once on the same pass), spinning launch, wheel hop, etc.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
cant wait to hit HP but for the road track! test and tune nights always seem like the track prep is crap there.

goat-ee

Established Member
I was there last night and spoke to you. I was the older guy with the Kona Blue 11' A6 5.0. I ran 3 times and only had one decent run on street tires. All the rest were like driving on a skating rink. The only way I could get a decent run was to load the stock shift tune on the automatic. Otherwise when the car hit 2nd, it would smoke the tires if I didn't get out of the throttle. I was able to get a 12.65 @ 113.64 mph on my one and only decent run. I am a little surprised you didn't mph better?

19FB1A7C-orig_zps9bfb9aa5.jpg

Last edited:

Punisher1401

Established Member
oh yeah with a 2.0 plus 60 foot, that makes more sense. The 1/4 is all made in the first 60. Track prep and seat time makes a huge difference!!! My local track (MIR) has some of the best prep, I need ALOT of seat time however

Jason2757

Established Member
Using the track apps 1/4, the best I could do this summer on the highway was a 13.0 @115. I have no idea how accurate the computer is, but I spun in 1st and 2nd and bounced off the limiter on 2nd to 3rd shift.

Users who are viewing this thread