2013 Boss 302 - Color / Rear Seat Delete options...why does Ford do this???

Silver TT

Established Member
Getting very close to pulling the trigger on a 2013 Boss, particularly now that the first few actual road tests of the 2013 GT500 have been released. No doubt the GT500 is a monster and will be a hell of a lot of fun to drive but having read all the owner reviews of the Boss that is the car for me. And if I need more power than just headers / exhaust / tune then can always go with a TVS or Vortech. Think one of the magazines had a Vortech with 704 rwhp - all else stock.

So my question is why do you have to get the Laguna Seca package to get Black? I find that particularly annoying. What is so special about Black? I can see them doing this for some special edition / limited color but Black?

I would be specing the recaros and torsen anyway so all I am doing now is paying an extra $4k to lose rear seats :shrug: Wouldn't be using them that much anyway but nice to have in a pinch.

Does Laguna Seca include anything other than recaros / torsen (which can be ordered on even a standard GT) and the rear seat delete which I don't want anyway? Maybe slightly better rubber but I will be changing that anyway if going with a Blower to get a bit more tire width in rear.

Am I missing something?

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
LS suspension is even better than on the standard Boss.

Order a black LS, and put the back seat in. there are a few Boss owners that are taking out their back seats, to go with the LS look. Some might even be willing to swap seats for your seat delete.

Last edited:

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
R compound tires, wheels, front splitter, rear spoiler, brake cooling ducts, trans cooling scoop, better suspension and even further limited production vs. the regular boss. The LS is more track prepped than the track pack GT and the Boss.

And to answer your question of why, to make money.

Silver TT

Established Member
If you buy an LS and want a rear seat, I'll swap you and pay for shipping to get the parts swapped. My rear seat for your seat delete.

Jason

Thanks Jason. I'll let you know if I decide to get the Boss. I am also curious about how it might work with seatbelts. Does the boss even with the rear seat delete come with seatbelts? Would guess it doesn't

Boss3o2

Established Member
Here is a list of items, that are different on the Boss 302 and LS Boss 302 Vs. GT.

Powertrain

Boss 302R Intake
Forged Pistons
Upgraded Con-Rods
Race-Spec Main and Rod Bearings
Larger Sodium Filled Exhaust Valves
Hi-Lift Exhaust Cams
7500 RPM Limit
CNC’d Heads
Oil Cooler
Larger Radiator
Revised Radiator Plumbing
Revised Oil Pan Baffling
Race Inspired Clutch
3.73 Axle Ratio
Finned Aluminum Diff Cover
Limited Slip Diff with carbon fiber plates (Torsen Limited Slip Available)
Quad Exhaust

Suspension

Higher Rate Springs (lowered 11MM front – 1MM rear)
Adjustable Struts/Shocks
25MM Rear Anti-roll bar (GT is 24MM)
Tuned Electronic Steering with 3 Settings
Unique traction control system settings
Unique electronic stability control settings
TracKey - Additional Key that enables the PCM setting of the 302R (dealer flash required)

Body

Black or White Roof Panel and Coordinated C-Stripe
Unique Front Facia with Blocked off Fog Lamps and Splitter
Small Rear Spoiler

Interior

Alcantara Steering Wheel
Unique Shift Knob
Unique Cloth Seats (Recaros available)
Cloth Door Panel Insert
Dark Metallic Instrument Panel Finish
Unique Guages
Unique Door Sill
11 Pounds of Sound Deadening Removed
Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Brembo 14 inch vented discs front
Boss specific rear compounds pads rear
Vented Brake Shields
Unique ABS tuning
Reinforced Brake Lines
Lightweight 19X9 and 19X9.5 Wheels
Pirelli P-Zero Tires 255/40/ZR19 Front 285/35/ZR19 Rear

Laguna Seca Package

Available in Black or Silver with Red Accents
Rear Seat Delete
Standard Recaro Seats
Rear Body Stiffening X-Brace
Softer Front and Firmer Rear Springs
Stiffer Damper Settings
Larger 26MM Rear Anti-Roll Bar
Unique 19x9 Front and 19x10 Rear wheels
Pirelli Corsa Tires 255/40/ZR19 Front and 285/35/ZR19 Rear
Larger Front Splitter
Pedestal Rear Spoiler
Brake Ducts
Torsen Diff Standard
Auxiliary Gauge Package with Oil/Water Temp and Lap Timer
Unique Laguna Seca rear medallian

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
If you change tires (i.e. tire compound) the LS upgrades are irrelevant because tires determine the spring and dampening rates as well as the sway bar thickness. The entire suspension set up is based on tire grip.

Koni struts offer true single dampening adjustment....and matched with appropriate springs should perform as well or better than the combined dampening/rebound adjustment offered on the stock Tokiko struts. I apprecite the LS, but there is nothing special about the LS other than its rarity. It's not like it's hand stitch welded.

@OP...the 2013s offer the Recaro seats as an option...and you can get black. Sounds like this is the best option for you.

Users who are viewing this thread