2013 Base wheels VS. 2012 SVTPP wheels

BOD89LX

Established Member
I just put on a set of the 2012 SVTPP wheels the rears have been widened to 10.75" with 315/30-20 Nitto NT05 drag radials and the fronts are stock width with stock tires. The color is almost the same on both sets. Let me know what you think.

DSC01712.jpg

DSC01708.jpg

DSC01717.jpg

DSC01716.jpg

DSC01739.jpg

DSC01732.jpg

DSC01725.jpg

DSC01723.jpg

DSC01719.jpg

DSC01718.jpg

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
nice to see those drag radials fit with no problem. Thanx for the pics. The color is similar. The stock base wheels are so damn nice. I need to do a similar setup for drag racing, pick up some older stockers

Snoopy49

Established Member
I'm a little confused, the top two pictures show SVTPP wheels in the front and base wheels in the back. But all the rest of the pictures only show SVTPP wheels. Which pictures are the after pictures?

BOD89LX

Established Member
I really wanted to get some true forged wheels before the car showed up but after seeing how good the base wheels look in person I may just stick with the 2 sets of factory wheels I have and due a big and little drag set up for the track. Now to figure out if I should go with the true forged or CCW drag pack?? I am not very good at waiting so I may end up with some weld RTS wheels as they are in stock most of the time.

BOD89LX

Established Member
I'm a little confused, the top two pictures show SVTPP wheels in the front and base wheels in the back. But all the rest of the pictures only show SVTPP wheels. Which pictures are the after pictures?

The pictures with the miss matched wheels was to show how close the color is on the 11-12 SVTPP wheels compared to the 2013 base wheels. The pictures with the SVTPP wheels is the after as I am not a fan of the black wheels the 13's have on the SVTPP wheels.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Hard trowel finish, sawcut concrete joints, high ceilings, paint color coordinated to the car you purchased, more than enough space...very nice Don. Your attention to detail is obvious.

I agree with you about the brighter color that the earlier, SVT PP wheel utilized in comparison with that of the optional '13 wheel. I also share your feelings regarding the base wheel...minimalist and sharp.

You haven't mentioned it (unless I missed it elsewhere) but I'm curious as to whether or not you removed the rear shock boot, removed the bump stop chassis bracket or relocated the bump stop inward. In addition, do you have any shots that illustrate the amount clearance between your new wheel/tire combination and the inner wheelwell?

Tob

BOD89LX

Established Member
Hard trowel finish, sawcut concrete joints, high ceilings, paint color coordinated to the car you purchased, more than enough space...very nice Don. Your attention to detail is obvious.

I agree with you about the brighter color that the earlier, SVT PP wheel utilized in comparison with that of the optional '13 wheel. I also share your feelings regarding the base wheel...minimalist and sharp.

You haven't mentioned it (unless I missed it elsewhere) but I'm curious as to whether or not you removed the rear shock boot, removed the bump stop chassis bracket or relocated the bump stop inward. In addition, do you have any shots that illustrate the amount clearance between your new wheel/tire combination and the inner wheelwell?

Tob
Thanks for the good words. I didn't have to remove anything for them to clear but they were real close to the felt liner in the wheel well on the forward side of the opening were the liner attaches to the bump stop bracket I used some tape as a temporary fix so I could rooad test and make sure under load there is no contact with anything and after a test drive everything looked good. I will post up some pictures of were it was close. I know guys who did a widened stock wheel to 11" have to do most of the things you mentioned. I also will go with a set on MT 305's when the Nittos that came on the set up are done to be closer to the stock wheel height.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Nice set up. Thats the size rears Ford should have put on. Let us know how they hook.

Will do it started to rain before I could do a good test on the road and as soon as we get a break in the 90 plus degree weather I am headed to the track to get some baseline times.

BossAnaki

Established Member
Will do it started to rain before I could do a good test on the road and as soon as we get a break in the 90 plus degree weather I am headed to the track to get some baseline times.

Are you going to Union Grove? Either way looking good and waiting for results, good luck!

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Who widened the wheels for you and what did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

BOD89LX

Established Member
Who widened the wheels for you and what did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

I purchased them off a member here and they were widened by weld craft and I think it was aroud 250-300 a wheel with shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread